PDA

View Full Version : semi-bluff 3 bet the turn???

exist
06-13-2004, 09:51 AM
earlier i noticed the button making some strong moves on the turn with little or no hand. since i raised preflop, he read me for high cards or a PP, but knows it's more likely i have high cards. he knows the flop likely missed me and the turn didn't help. that said, there aren't many hands he could have on the turn: only trip 9's, a pair of Q's (which he might have raised on the flop with), or a whole lotta nothing (i don't consider QQ or 66 likely as he probably would have reraised preflop with either of them.

i really felt like 3 betting the turn could get him to lay down every non-pair non-flush draw hand (DUH), but i certainly didn't want to have the turn capped if he had the 9's. so the question is "is it worth trying the turn 3 bet???"

i thought the bet on the river was pretty clear, but please tell me if you disagree. BTW, i would have checked and called if a J or T came on the river.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, Hero raises, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero bets, Button calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, Button raises, Hero calls.

River: (8.20 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, Button folds.

Final Pot: 9.20 BB

stripsqueez
06-13-2004, 11:13 AM
i like spending the equity you have with so many outs on either what you did or 3 betting the turn - i think i prefer 3 betting the turn as maybe he will fold if he has complete garbage and it adds some grunt - most importantly i love to 3 bet the turn

stripsqueez - chickenhawk