PDA

View Full Version : Stu Ungar Movie

Ritter
06-13-2004, 09:45 AM
I didn't search old forums, but does anyone know how to get a copy of High Roller: The Stu Ungar Story?

http://highrollermovie.com

What's the story? No distribution deal?

SossMan
06-13-2004, 09:57 AM
The website says information on a domestic release is forthcoming.

jayadd
06-13-2004, 11:35 AM
With michael imperioli being hot with sopranos i wonder why this film hasnt gone to the theaters yet? This movie cant be that good if it is going to the foriegn theaters first. They treat these gambling movies so delicate that none of them will make any money.

Shade is a perfect example even though i think the director did a real poor job and the writing wasnt good enough. It had stallone and mellanie griffth with merv griffth money behind it but still flopped. Actually the deal with blockbuster was what really screwed them.

I cant wait to finish my screen play.......

Syntax
06-13-2004, 12:19 PM
Its not that there is bad writing or bad directing with a lot of these movies. It is the studios and production companies that influence the direction the film takes. Go rent Project Greenlight, if you havent seen it. Theres a lot of politics in getting a movie made. And they more frequently then not, force the screenwriter or director to "sell out".

Roy Hobbs
06-13-2004, 02:15 PM
I gotta say, just from looking at the trailers, this movie looks pretty damn good.

RH

Ritter
06-13-2004, 03:50 PM
I agree, the trailers look great - WHY CAN'T I SEE THIS MOVIE?

MCS
06-13-2004, 06:10 PM
At first I thought there was another Stu Ungar movie besides "Stuey," but they've just changed the title.

astroglide
06-13-2004, 09:11 PM
the movie was made a long time ago, like over a year ago. it used to be called "stuey the movie" - if you go to www.stueymovie.com (http://www.stueymovie.com) it redirects the url. there's a yahoo group http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/stueymovie/ here for it that will probably have whatever info you want. i would like to see it.

PokerBabe(aka)
06-13-2004, 10:24 PM
Your very own PokerBabe was an extra in this film and is in two scenes. So, hey, it's gotta be good, right? /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Check out my old post entitled Babe goes Hollywood....

B /images/graemlins/heart.gifbe

BassMasterK
06-14-2004, 12:52 AM
Longtime lurker, rare poster. I am a member of the yahoo group for the movie however, and maybe a week ago the director posted some very good news for poker fans who want to see this movie.

The name was changed, as others have said, and it was picked up by New Line Cinema. Here is a copy of the post from the director A.W. Vidmer:

Date: Thu May 27, 2004 2:01 pm
Subject: UNOFFICIAL RELEASE INFO

Hi, folks.
Okay, this is what's happening, and you're hearing it first -- loyal Stuey/High
Roller fans.
We've signed with New Line Cinemas to release the film. HOW the film gets
released, as
well as WHEN, is still up in the air. We're in the process of delivering the
film to them now,
which means sending mountains of documents, as well as providing ADR
(replacement
dialogue recording to cover the cussing for TV versions) and other sound and
film items.
All standard practice. We expect to be done with this within 30 days.

Cannes, which none of us attended due to fatigue, poverty and related issues,
went pretty
well -- some foreign countries could conceivably see the movie before the U.S..
Weird, eh?

So there you have it. The light at the end of a VERY long tunnel.
More hoopla to come. Feel free to continue to voice your support to New Line.
We'd love it.
And thanks for hanging in.

Flop the nuts.

-- AWV

After all the good info I have read here, it's nice to be able to contribute something! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

maurile
06-15-2004, 10:01 PM
Great news. Thanks for the update.

deacsoft
06-16-2004, 01:26 AM
How about ebay?

k8as8ey
06-16-2004, 03:27 PM
I watched the trailer. Mentioned coming Septemper 26th. I hope they meant 2004, not 2003.