PDA

View Full Version : 666

Ulysses
06-12-2004, 03:44 PM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: akshawnd 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, akshawnd raises, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG 3-bets, akshawnd calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (15 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets, akshawnd raises, Button calls, SB 3-bets, BB caps, UTG folds, akshawnd calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (16 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB bets, akshawnd raises, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

River: (23 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB bets, akshawnd calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows 8c 9c (straight, nine high).
akshawnd shows 6s 6d (three of a kind, sixes).
Outcome: SB wins 25 BB. </font>

SaintAces
06-12-2004, 04:02 PM
I don't think there is anything to say except that you made a good crying call on the river. You got 5 big bets in when you were winning and 1 in when you were behind. Played well I think.

Schneids
06-12-2004, 04:09 PM
I make that river call too expecting to always lose...but figure at least once out of 24 times I'm going to win against an aggro maniac or someone with two pair or overplayed AA or something.

Otherwise, I cannot think of anything else to say about the hand... Just a devil of a river.

Ulysses
06-12-2004, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Otherwise, I cannot think of anything else to say about the hand... Just a devil of a river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Three things one could perhaps talk about and people might have different opinions on:

1) Raising pre-flop v. calling.

2) Raising the turn after BB caps that flop and comes out firing.

3) Calling the river.

Schneids
06-12-2004, 04:37 PM
I'll offer my views on 1 &amp; 2 now (already did for 3) and see how they differ from others...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it makes a difference. For me, it ultimately comes down to the table and whether raising PF will accomplish the objectives I wish it to (ie getting the pot with 2 or less opponents), plus the likelihood of an aggressive player 3-betting behind me. I know I play it both ways and I'm almost certain you do too...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A must IMO. Too many people cap with a pair + draw here. Slow down if 3-bet. Additional chasers makes it an even easier raise.

1800GAMBLER
06-12-2004, 09:42 PM
That's 1 bet more than i go on the turn.

One leak i have is i do this, 'Woah. SB just 3 bet me after i reraised a UTG limpreraiser! Nice hand.' then 'HOLY [censored]. BB capped against SB who 3 bet me who reraised a UTG limpreraiser.' ... then on the river i realise they don't think.

However, in this situation i think you can assume you are behind to _at least_ the straight _at worst_ the set about 90% of the time.

Ikke
06-12-2004, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Three things one could perhaps talk about and people might have different opinions on:

3) Calling the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only number 1 is valid and we can discuss. But it's opponent dependend. If you think we can discuss number 2 and 3 I would be interested to know why.

Regards

Vehn
06-12-2004, 10:09 PM
I don't think any of these 3 are worth discussing.

Ikke
06-12-2004, 10:12 PM
Not worth discussing, I agree. Still, raising can be wrong.

Regards

Ulysses
06-13-2004, 04:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you think we can discuss number 2 and 3 I would be interested to know why.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say we had anything to discuss, Ikke. I just thought some here might want to discuss things. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm just here to help. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ikke
06-13-2004, 05:56 AM
Oh..just ignore my post. It was a I'm-totally-drunk-and-I-need-to-post-on-2+2-at-7am post. I'm already relieved to see it made any sense /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Regards

1800GAMBLER
06-13-2004, 09:16 AM
Do explain the turn to me then since everyone else thinks it's simple.