PDA

View Full Version : SnG rule question

Chah Ngo
06-12-2004, 02:07 PM
Just finished a SnG at Royal Vegas and ran across a strange situation. Four left and three places pay. I am dealt queens and have an overpair to a two suit flop. Tiny stack player calls a bet from my left all in with his last 70 chips. I have about 500 left and push. The bettor hits his flush on the river, so me and tiny stack are out. However, the third place money is split between us! Isn't the ruling typically that the larger stack at the beginning of the hand would get third place? Anybody ever seen this before?
Thanks.

eastbay
06-12-2004, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Isn't the ruling typically that the larger stack at the beginning of the hand would get third place?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Might want to clarify the rules with Royal Vegas, since these kinds of things are not cast in stone, however.

eastbay

Chah Ngo
06-12-2004, 03:59 PM
Oh yeah, when all else fails read the directions! Went and looked it up and here is the dope from RV:
[ QUOTE ]
If two or more players are eliminated in the same hand, the players share the combined prize amounts equally. The number of chips each player had at the start of the hand are not taken into account.

[/ QUOTE ]
This made my push in with the queens kind of a dumb play.
D'oh!
Seems like this rule really favors a short stack.

stupidsucker
06-12-2004, 04:01 PM
I think they can have whatever ruleset they want. I am sure it is written down somewhere. It is more typical to give the money to the person with the higher chip count when the hand started.

ligastar
06-12-2004, 10:35 PM
This sounds strange to me and must be specific to Royal Vegas...I play at PP and if this same thing happened here you would have taken down 3rd place $$$ and the other player would finish in 4th w/ no cash. Hope this helps.