PDA

View Full Version : Where to fold TP?

Demian
06-12-2004, 01:11 PM
Button seemed loose but not particularly aggro so far. Turn looks like a straight with the raise i think. Pot's fairly big though, so fold here, see the river and fold unimproved, or just call down?

Ultimate Bet 2/4 Hold'em (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Button calls, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds.

River: (13.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 13.50 BB, won by Button.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to Button.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Button doesn't show.
Outcome: Button wins 14.50 BB. </font>

SaintAces
06-12-2004, 04:00 PM
played fine up until river. You don't think AK is good 7% of the time here?

Demian
06-12-2004, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You don't think AK is good 7% of the time here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been trying to cut down on losses suffered calling down turn raises with a single pair and this seemed like a spot where i'm almost definitely beat. Button calls 2 cold on the flop, a definite drawing flop, then raises the turn on two opponents when a card falls that at the very least has probably given him 2 pair. Looking back on it i think maybe i should have folded to the turn raise rather than calling one more trying to improve, since there's a decent chance that i have to split the pot even if i hit a straight. Would that have been better than making a questionable river fold for one bet?

stripsqueez
06-12-2004, 09:57 PM
on the turn i think that 90% of the time you are deciding whether to call down or fold - paying the turn and folding the river when its a blank should only be very opponent specific and based on your odds to see the river and improve

thinking your opponent has 1 of the 2 straights possible seems pessimistic to me - a loose aggro guy will do this with K10

stripsqueez - chickenhawk