PDA

View Full Version : Also...

SDA004
06-12-2004, 10:08 AM
Wondering how people feel about "chatting" while at the table. I sometimes find that I like to be an antagonist at the table and making people dislike me so I get a lot of play on my hands. On the other hand this hurts because it takes the bluff out of my repetoire for hte most part because people are gunning for me.

Sometimes i;ll play without saying a word.

What is the best way to go about playing SNG's, should you talk or shut up?

TL Price
06-12-2004, 11:12 AM
Personally, I find that making positive comments in general is a pretty good policy when I am involved in a pot. Complimenting others when they hit their draw, go all-in (and subsequently force me to fold), and apologize when I beat them by drawing out when I am a huge underdog (KK versus JJ, J on the river).

Usually, I am silent if not involved in play, but sometimes will congradulate the winner in a showdown.

In no circumstances do I try to antagonize other players. While I can see your argument in that you will get extra play by individuals "gunning" for you, because of this you are forcing the average player from his passive stance into a maniac, or at the least, a more aggressive player than he was. In Single Table tournament play, where the tables tend to be pretty easy and getting into the money generally occurs more than 50% of the time, why push the envelope?

My two cents.

spundf
06-12-2004, 02:36 PM
I agree with TL. Once someone starts getting nasty, and so many have no poker knowlage, I like to chime in pointing out aspects of their poor play. This usually, but not always, shuts them up. I then continue with my disciplined play looking for opportunities to take them down. Nasty players make me all the more focused.