PDA

View Full Version : Table image

SDA004
06-12-2004, 10:07 AM
I found in the lower limit SNG's on stars (5-20), that if you play loose for the first 5 or so hands and show it (maybe show that you stole the blinds, or show that you played A x or K x) even if you lose a little money you have an image of being loose for the rest of the tourney, no matter how you continue to play. It's been very profitable for me because my pots are always huge now. For the first 5-10 hands I'll play real loose, like awful player loose. Then for the rest of the first level i'll play semi loose. If i ever fall below T1000 I stop, but generally I'll win a lot of pots because everyone is playing pretty tight. Now if every folds to me, I'll show my hand.

After the first level though I become a rock. Only playing the best hands until we get down to short handed. Generally I'll pick up 4-6 really big pots, bust out a few people who think I'm trying to bluff. Obviously sometimes I get sucked out, but oh well, as long as i get my money in there with the best hand I really don't mind.

I've tried the opposite way, playing really tight then loosening up, but people don't tend to notice the tight player as much as the really loose guy.

Curious if anyone uses this strategy as well, and wondering if it sounds valid or maybe I'm just getting lucky.

bernie
06-12-2004, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've tried the opposite way, playing really tight then loosening up, but people don't tend to notice the tight player as much as the really loose guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

They may just be tightening up due to the bubble being close. Like when it's 4/5 handed.

I sometimes till take a shower for the 1st 3 rounds. Im not so sure anyone is really paying much attention to the tight guys early as much as they are the over aggressive ones.

b