PDA

View Full Version : Massive Confusion Blurring the Late Night Mind

Schneids
06-12-2004, 07:45 AM
What is going on here? How should I play this hand? This table is odd. Naphand was watching and I **think** saw this hand as it happened, so maybe he can provide any additional insights about opponents or general table tendencies.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Schneids is BB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, Button <font color="purple">(Station,makes odd raises2)</font> calls, SB <font color="purple">(Loose Random Aggro Dude)</font> completes, <font color="CC3333">Schneids raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Button <font color="purple">(Station,makes odd raises2)</font> calls, SB <font color="purple">(Loose Random Aggro Dude)</font> calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Loose Random Aggro Dude bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Schneids raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Station,makes odd raises2 calls, Loose Random Aggro Dude calls, Schneids calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Loose Random Aggro Dude checks, <font color="CC3333">Schneids bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, Station,makes odd raises2 calls, Loose Random Aggro Dude folds, Schneids calls.

River: (18.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Schneids checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Station,makes odd raises2 calls, Schneids calls.

Final Pot: 21.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 21.50 BB, between MP, Station,makes odd raises2 and Schneids.</font>

fyodor
06-12-2004, 11:48 AM
MP could have a whole range of things - trips, A2, 67s, or a big draw A/images/graemlins/heart.gif6/images/graemlins/heart.gif
The Station probably has something like A3 or A4

I would probably start check calling at the turn

When you bet and he raises the turn I don't think it would be a mistake to throw your hand away.

With everyone in like this what is the minimum pair you raise preflop from the BB? I raise TT but just call 99.

stripsqueez
06-12-2004, 12:03 PM
i think you played it ok

betting the turn looks optional but playing the sitting duck doesnt appeal much either - you could take a view and fold the turn but that seems a big view if your a decent show to be in front which is true against a lot of opponents

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

lil'
06-12-2004, 12:50 PM
I don't think I bother with the pre-flop raise.

As for the rest of the hand, I would play it in a similar fashion.

Unless MP flopped something wonderful, it's hard to see how the two queens would help him. And, of course, if he had two pair it's no longer good on the river.

Schneids
06-12-2004, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
betting the turn looks optional but playing the sitting duck doesnt appeal much either

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet the turn because between MP and the calling station I thought it was probable at least one, if not both of them were on either hearts or a straight draw and I gauged it being a reasonable chance I was winning, so I didn't want to give a free card.

naphand
06-12-2004, 04:20 PM
I was watching *some* of the games but I don't remember this one. I could follow two tables you were playing closely and some of the a third, but not all four. Jings, I don't believe I could play 4 tables SH....

I think your game was in good shape (despite the overnighter), very few mistakes/misjudgements one or two debate-able plays but you were all over these guys. Cards were running hot and cold for you, but I guess you left all 4 with a profit. There were a number of terrible players and it was very amusing watching their antics. Did you get Joey's balls?

Cannot help specifically on this hand, don't have total recall yet, it does look strange, and hard to get away from on the Turn, esp. when the River pairs the board, I think you have to call.

I don't raise 99 from the blinds PF, but given the brainless players you were against I think it's fair game to charge to play a real player with a real hand.

Schneids
06-14-2004, 12:44 AM
MP = [ 8h Jh ] [ a pair of queens -- Qc,Qs,Jh,8h,5h ]
Station = [ 7s 7d ] [ two pairs, queens and sevens -- Qc,Qs,7s,7d,5h ]

Me = 99 and winner