PDA

View Full Version : stupid luddite hippies at the bio conference in SF

natedogg
06-12-2004, 04:49 AM
If there's anything I can't stand more than the christian right it's the radical left.

It's a close race but the radical left continually wins out with stupid [censored] like the biotech conference protests going on right now in S.F.

GWB's stem-cell ban is laughable, sure, but the biotech protestors can't even articulate their position beyond "I'm stupid and afraid of things I don't understand, and I don't like corporations".

At least the stem cell folks have a somewhat rational reason for their ludicrous position. They are generally afraid of undermining the value of non-sentient human life
and thus losing the abortion fight forever, not to mention the upcoming "clone organ banks" fight.

Ok, I don't agree with GWB about stem cells but at least I understand their position.

The unwashed walking hemp-farms in S.F. are completely incoherent and have no rationally articulated view point other than "screw corporations" and "hey hey, ho ho,
GMO's have got to go!".

These faces look pretty familiar to me from back when I was contracting at Chevron last year and they all showed up in their parents' SUVs to protest Chevron's oil involvement and war profiteering (Chevron has smallest mideast
interest of all U.S. oil and smallest military contract of all U.S. oil,and their entire 4,500 employee complex in San Ramon runs off a hydrogen fuel cell, but the radical left never lets facts get in the way of emotion).

Back to the BIO conference in SF. They stop traffic and vandalize people's cars and such and they don't even know what the hell they are protesting. Most of them will probably end up living extended healthy lives beyond their natural expectation due to the very companies they are now protesting. Unreal.

natedogg

Non_Comformist
06-12-2004, 05:21 AM
Good Post,

I remember when the WTO came to Seattle and our local Portland radio DJ interviewed a bunch of the protestors who were on their way up. 19/20 either had no clue as to what the WTO was or why they were against or they were going to protest things like Dolphin safe tuna. It was both funny and sad.

Al_Capone_Junior
06-12-2004, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
they all showed up in their parents' SUVs to protest Chevron's oil involvement and war profiteering (Chevron has smallest mideast interest of all U.S. oil and smallest military contract of all U.S. oil,and their entire 4,500 employee complex in San Ramon runs off a hydrogen fuel cell, but the radical left never lets facts get in the way of emotion).

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO!

NO radical extreme group EVER lets the facts get in the way of their radical extremism.

al

Al_Capone_Junior
06-12-2004, 11:13 AM
Funny too. You're right tho, let's go protest something! It makes no real difference if we know what or why we are protesting, just as long as we cause trouble etc! Hey! We could go to LA and start a riot! They don't need much excuse there!

al