PDA

View Full Version : 6-10 players that are not that good am I playing right?

smokinat420
06-11-2004, 11:26 PM
I play a regular game at home with anywhere between 4-10 players. My roommate and I are by far the strongest players. I have read books and have a few great teachers. But I have been coming up short the last few tourneys we have played. I am a fairly tight player I dont like to play a lot of hands and most of these players are just the opposite. They get suited cards or a face card most will stay in to small raises...My problem is I am wondering if I should loosen up and play more like them and use bluffs more or should I stick to my tight play. It seems that most of the time I get to the money but It pays a lot more in our tourneys for first and the players that gets "the luckyest" usually wins. In our structure we play blind but dont raise them till at least half of field is gone. When we reach final 3 we ante and thats it. Would it pay to play most of my hands because of no blind raise or should I stick to a tight play. I play on pokerstars and partypoker and do well on both sites but these googans seem to get the best of me and I dont know how to beat it. Seems like I am a major short stack everytime I get to final 3. any help would be great thanks Chris

Michael Davis
06-11-2004, 11:49 PM
If you are playing winner-take-all, it usually becomes necessary to gamble it up more, as somebody is going to build a large stack and you are in trouble.

If more spots are paid, it isn't so bad to have a large stack at the table.

-Michael

SlimeTNR
06-12-2004, 12:24 PM
It can be tough to play tight on a table espically slow rolling K 5 with board showing 2 kings and the other player slow playing a ful house of 8's over Kings