PDA

View Full Version : Reagan Funeral

ThaSaltCracka
06-11-2004, 11:10 PM
I just finished watching his funeral today and I was surprised how emotional it was. I was born in 1981, and the first president I remember having a memory of is George Bush, then of course Clinton. The only thing I knew about Reagan were just clips I saw of him on TV and things that I had read. Essentially he has been "dead" for the past 10 years because of the terrible disease he had. So I was incredibly surprised how emotional it was for me. It may have something to do with the death of a relative today, but I was definitely teering up watching the ceremony. I for one am saddened by his death; I also feel for his family. The one thing that I thought most about though while watching the ceremony is how sad it is when someone dies. I realize that someone dies atleast every second around the entire world, but when someone like Reagan dies, it feels more personal. There is a face behind his death, a life seen and felt by many, a family, a personailty, and because of this it feels sadder, atleats for me. I know some of the people on here don't care at all that he is dead, but I don't know how you can feel the sorrow. Seeing his widows face killed me, I almost cried like a school girl. The death of someone you know is so sad. I guess I don't know what else to say other than I am much sadder by his death than I thought I would be. Its times like these that the thought of your loved one now in heaven to be very comforting indeed.