PDA

View Full Version : limp reraising and beating the trends at party 10s

citanul
06-11-2004, 06:47 PM
So in my experience, at level 1 on these things, people just play incredibly loose, especially at the "good" times of the day, and in the first 2 or 3 hands.

Now, enters a more recent development I've witnessed. A lot of the wilder/worse players have taken to raising to ~ 85-125 when the action gets to them in late position or blinds. While not a terrible play to try to steal a decently sized pot for the level, many of these players do this with any ace, and many kings, and any pair.

Personally, I've found that the SnG tournaments are an ideal place to use the limp reraise with AA, KK, and depending on my rowdiness level. Also, the somewhat ideal place to go for the coldcall with your big hand then go all in on the flop "maneuver." But this new practice in these family pots I think makes this the perfect time to employ it.

I find that the types of players who are rasing with Ax, Kx, etc from the BB, button, SB are exactly the same ones who will call an all in bet with those same hands once they've put 100 chips in the pot.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has noticed this play becoming prevalent, and if they have independently been making this same play, of if limp reraising was already de rigeure in the SnGs.

citanul

ScottTheFish
06-11-2004, 07:17 PM
I use the limp-reraise some, from early postition, with AA or KK. I agree with you, most of these jokers WILL NOT FOLD once they have put in a raise in the early hands. If I see a raise and a call in front of me, even a small one, I can go all in with 100% confidence at least one of them will call. It's beautiful.