PDA

View Full Version : A hand I keep remember

10-21-2001, 04:51 AM
I am on the cutoff and I see AhQh . It's HE 10-20. One of the best local player open-raise to my immediate right . I 3-bet . I put im on a steal , because me as the button we are tight player , button is more passive and unimaginative . To my suprise , button cool call 3bets. In the blind there are callinf stations , SB calls , BB fold . and the inial raiser calls . flop come 2h3d7s . check to me and I check , button bets , fold , fold . I call . At this point I put here on JJ , TT or 99 . No way she has 77 or A7s . Maybe 2 big no-pair cards , QKs , AK etc and betting the position . So , I have the odds to call with 6 outs in case she has " only " JJ , TT or 99 . If she checks the turn I'll bet the river unless an Ace or a king come . And I have a backdoor flush draw . The turn is Th giving four flush . I check and she bets . I call . The river is Ad . And I check . I check because I know she will fold 99 or JJ , maybe she has set of tens , or AK and was triing to steal all the way . She bets , I call , And I lose , she has AcAs . I don't think her cool call before teh flop was good because , the blinds are calling station and if they are going to call 3bets , why not 4bets ?

Was the 3bet btf good ?

Was the call good on the flop ?

Was the check-call good on the river ?

10-21-2001, 07:40 AM
Your writing leaves alot to be desired. If you are writing to gain notice as a writer, go see an english teacher. If you are writing to try and learn what you could have done, write in a straight forward manner.

To Sum up an answer for you using your own words:

("I DON'T THINK" her cool call before teh flop was good because) Emphasis on the first 3 words.

10-21-2001, 08:29 AM
Preflop, I like the 3 bet of a possible steal raise with AQs. You dominate a large number of hands the cutoff would be likely to steal raise with and would love to play heads up against him, but your big suited ace plays well if the blinds come in also. The call from a tight passive player on the button has to concern you. Usually you are tied with her at best, but more often are dominated by AK or losing to a medium large pocket pair 99-QQ.

On the flop, I'm going to bet just to see if the tight passive player will raise, and to deny free cards to the other players. If raised, I think it's 99% likely she has an overpair, and if she only calls she is probably on overcards like I am (usually AK) and betting down will get her to fold on the turn or river, allowing you to win the pot without a showdown when the other players didn't flop anything. I don't like your check call because she probably won't bet with overcards, which means you might give the field a free draw to pair, and you also forfeit the initiative of your preflop 3 bet and any reasonable chance to pick up the pot without a showdown.

On the turn, you're stuck. If you hadn't paired or picked up a heart draw, I would say you should fold every time holding only overcards against a tight passive player who called 3 bets preflop and is still firing on the turn. This means she has a pair or better 95% of the time, and you have to doubt if your queen would be any good if you hit it. However, since you make a heart, the pot is easily big enough to call for your 9 nut outs, especially since you can still hope that an ace will be good if you hit it. I would check and call every time, unless it is possible this player could fold a medium overpair for a check raise, in which case that is what you should try.

On the river, I think you should check fold against most tight passive players. They almost always freeze up when an overcard to their big pocket pair comes, so the fact that the ace didn't faze her means she has you beat almost every time she bets. If she has any deceit in her game, you have to call her though. If you plan on calling when she bets after you check, I think you should bet and fold to a raise. You might pick up an extra bet against KK-JJ, and were going to call if beat anyway. The odds of a tight passive player raising you when you aren't beat with your pair of aces is almost nil.

10-21-2001, 03:56 PM
To that point "alot" isn't a word it is always written as "a lot". And you should capitalize English.

PiquetteAces is obviously trying very hard to learn English as a second, or maybe, third language. A little understanding from ignorant, intolerant morons like yourself might go a long way in making non-English speaking persons more comfortable posting here. We can learn from everyone.

10-22-2001, 12:39 AM
This is how i play this hand.

the three bet preflop was fine, and exactly what i would have done. There is nothing more frustrating to me then someone who sandbags AA. So, if the flopped had checked round to me, as it did to you, having raised preflop, i would bet here 90% of the time and in this case everytime. I like this play because you have very good position and can take away the accendency of the button player. If he raises here, i fold 90% of the time. Given the fact that you didn't play it that way, the rest of the hand was played fine, i would have given myself a 70% chance of winning the hand if i had seen a river A, but you can't help running into AA occasionally.

Regards,

Alcatraz

10-22-2001, 07:25 AM
I must be a bad american, because I don't have to be tolerant of

foreigners. I don't like going into a 7-11 or other store where some middle eastern camel jockey is, and finding out they can't speak enough english to answer a simple. I am intolerant of those who feel like they are owed a living by our government, just for being a minority, or using the too familiar phrase "politically persecuted by another government". I fought in one war for this country and will never forget the freedoms I gave up to fight in that war, and that those "freedoms" are the same that most americans take for granted,

at least until sept 11. I don't give a dam that bleeding heart

liberals like yourself feel we should not be bombing that cesspool called Afghanistan, we should nuke the entire area with cruise missiles and then tell other countries you remember Afghanistan, would you like to end up like that. Yes, I am a "bad american", because I will put it on the line for this country and know what it feels like to be shot at,

see those other "bad americans" die for the likes of you.

And someone who is on aol, calling a me a moron, that's really counter productive. I am a senior tech on a tier 2 networking operation center,and understand that only those on AOL don't know enough about computers or a ISP to know the difference, and so they are on AOL. You are classified as a "sheep" since you must like someone in control of your every networking movement, have your email read at random by those who

administer AOL. Controlling what you can and can't read, and post, and not understanding that you are looked at by others as just plain stupid. The nice thing, rest assured, is that your every movement is "controlled" once you "dial up and connect to their server", which in your case is very appropriate.

It's just a matter of time.

10-22-2001, 07:47 AM

10-22-2001, 02:52 PM
Yeah . actually , english is my 13th or 17th language ...

10-22-2001, 11:52 PM
Don't you call me a bleeding heart liberal you moronic illiterate piece of flotsam. It's becaose of short-sighted intellectual midgets like yourself that you can't see why we're in this mess we're in. 1979 Iran takes our hostages and you were probably too young to know what was going on then but what should have been done with your precious nukes is we should have nuked the hostages and everyone else around them. Yeah, it would have been bad luck for those families but the world would have stood up and took notice not to tread on us.

The only reason Khoemeni gave them up is that he was scared what reagan would have done.

as for PiquetteAces and your hatred for foreigners in this country, did you ever think he was logged on from another country? By the way is that even possible on the Internet. I know you would know because you're a tier two fixit guy who knows how to use a mouse and learn what his boss tells him to learn.

BTW I'm not on AOL. I'm connected through an LSD or cobol or something like that. I don't know because I'm dumb.