PDA

View Full Version : Did I play this right?

asoriga
06-11-2004, 02:15 PM
Not sure if I should' ve called, capped it, or folded like I did. I just sat down to the table and was not familiar with any of the players. If its the nut flush, I obviously cap it, but any other flush draw I cant really bet in this situation...right? And I can't count my inside straight draw...right? Do I just call all the way to the river? Thanx.

2/4 Poker Room - 5 max
Seat 1:
Seat 5: SB
Seat 6: BB asoriga [ K/images/graemlins/spade.gif,10/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
Seat 9:
Seat 10:

PRE-FLOP
9 bets $4, 10 folds, 1 calls $4, SB calls $3, asoriga calls $2.

FLOP [board cards 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif,8/images/graemlins/club.gif,7/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
SB checks, asoriga bets $2, 9 bets $4, 1 bets $6, SB calls $6, asoriga folds, 9 calls $2.

TURN [board cards 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif,8/images/graemlins/club.gif,7/images/graemlins/spade.gif,3/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
SB checks, 9 checks, 1 bets $4, SB calls $4, 9 calls $4.

RIVER [board cards 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif,8/images/graemlins/club.gif,7/images/graemlins/spade.gif,3/images/graemlins/heart.gif,4/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
SB checks, 9 checks, 1 checks.

SHOWDOWN-Results in white <font color="white">
SB shows [ 7H,2D ]
9 shows [ 9H,9S ]
1 shows [ 5S,3S ]
1 wins $46.
</font>

fyodor
06-11-2004, 02:24 PM
Not too many players would have the discipline to lay that down but you were correct.

You have 12 outs twice (I would count the staight) which makes it about 50/50 to hit. But you aren't drawing to the nut flush or straight and the 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif could be big trouble a cpl ways.

I know most players would call anyhow but they would be wrong.

Good fold

asoriga
06-14-2004, 01:41 AM
thanx for analyzing the hand, def feel better about the decision now.

Schneids
06-14-2004, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not too many players would have the discipline to lay that down but you were correct.

You have 12 outs twice (I would count the staight) which makes it about 50/50 to hit. But you aren't drawing to the nut flush or straight and the 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif could be big trouble a cpl ways.

Good fold

[/ QUOTE ]

You're getting 7:1 on calling the three-bet how on Earth is folding correct even if there are a couple cards that might sometimes help your hand but make a costly second best for you?

I think folding is playing scared poker when you have such a strong draw. I see 7:1 odds on a hand that improves 50% of the time. Of the 50% of the time I improve I think I will still make money on the flop call if my hand is good 1/3 to 1/2 the time I improve to the straight or flush.

James282
06-14-2004, 02:38 AM
Dude this fold is horrible. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You have at least 12 outs and probably 15(the king) more times than you realize. You have a gutshot+2nd nut flush draw, folding on the flop is a felony.
-James

Ulysses
06-14-2004, 02:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

[ QUOTE ]
Good fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

Nick B.
06-14-2004, 02:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
folding on the flop is a felony.

[/ QUOTE ]

what class?

Seriously, This is an awful fold. I would be pumping this on the flop and possibly on the turn. How can you stand playing the 5 max on pokerroom. Having ten chairs at the table is so annoying, It was hard to see how many players were playing.

Philuva
06-14-2004, 09:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
thanx for analyzing the hand, def feel better about the decision now.

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldn't feel better about the decision. Seriously, this is an awful fold in almost any situation, but against short-handed aggressive players this is a REALLY AWFUL fold. Fyodor(sp??) is completely wrong in his advice for this situation.

fyodor
06-14-2004, 09:57 AM
I am definitely outvoted here. I am the newest of this bunch to shorthanded play and I have obviously been reading too many poker books recently.

I had also had my first really bad day at SH where I got sucked out on with what seemed every hand I played.

Those are all the excuses I can think of right now.

Will everyone please forgive me so I can resume posting?

ResidentParanoid
06-14-2004, 10:04 AM
Your flush outs alone make it a call. Your additional straight outs make it an easy call. Since your K outs are probably good too, you should consider raising on the flop.

naphand
06-14-2004, 02:00 PM
Keep posting Fyo, who cares if you make a gaffe like this from time to time, you get to plug a leak in your game or gain a better understanding. I've had people call foul on me a few times before - I tend to persue my argument if I think there is some merit, but I always learn regardless. Most people give up when facing howls of scorn, don't be one of them. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

And at least you didn't come up with some lame excuse like "I was drunk on a gallon of ale" /images/graemlins/wink.gif