PDA

View Full Version : 15/30 outs +pot odds = looser

10-19-2001, 06:45 PM
15/30 loose game only ounce or so a week does a 15+ game happen mostly 10/20.

In a situation where pot odds are huge and card odds are on your side how far can you take a hand that is drawing to a feild of made hands?

Me BB 4 limpers button raises(9/10times when its his button) Sb folds we all call,,

7s 8s 3c

checked to button who bets I raise and all call. MY hand I will leave for your imagination..thow I will say I have 24 outs that I feel are still good,

turn Kd

I check, the 1st limper bets fold,fold, call Button raises,,I am relitively sure that the K hit some one hard thow If I reraise here in my position im sure id havto call 3 bets,, with present pot odds being 15:1 is it wrong for me to raise ? I called

River, 6h I checked/raised and was reraised by the button its still 3 handed we all called .... comments..

10-20-2001, 02:03 AM
I hope you aren't expecting any substantial analysis if you won't even tell us the cards you hold.

I'll give you Ts9s giving you 9 outs to the flush, 6 additional outs to a straight, and 6 outs to make a pair of Ts or 9s (Do you think a pair of Ts or 9s will be good?). That's a total of 21 outs and I'm being generous with those Ts and 9s. I guess you must have an even better hand than an open-ended straight flush since you said you had 24 outs. My imagination can't come up with 3 more.

But you can't even have Ts9s since you merely called on the river instead of 4-betting with the nuts. Maybe you had 6s5s and thought your pair of 6s was worth check-raising on the river?

I guess I'm just not imaginative enough in my play.

10-23-2001, 07:14 PM
When deciding to raise a draw for value, you do not consider the money in the pot. You consider the money in the pot when trying to figure out if you are correct to chase. ie,

However, assume you have x outs, you are about (47-x):x to hit on the next street. ie, you have 24 outs and you are a 23:24 favorite to hit on the next street. Thus you should get all the money in the pot that you can b/c you are obviously getting better than 23:24 on anymoney you put in the pot.

A far more common example. You see the flop and turn 7 handed w/ A5s on the button. On the turn the board is : J749 w/ 2 of your suit. First to act bets and all 5 players call. Now you can call or raise. You have 9 outs to the nut flush(46-9):9 = 37:9 about 4:1 to hit on the river. (Discount A's as outs) If everyone calls your bet, you are getting 7:1 on all you money going in the pot and it is profitable to raise.(Assume for simplicity that original better will not re-raise and thin the field).

If you don't have more than 4 opponents, you are not going to raise, however, you then look at the size of the pot. If the pot is offering you > than 4:1 for the amount you put in on the turn, then you just call and correctly chase due to the pot odds.

This is a very simplistic example but shows the point.