PDA

View Full Version : Dutch Boyd

BullChip
06-11-2004, 04:21 AM
There's a thread on RGP that states "Dutch Boyd Dead". Apparently from a surfing accident.

Any truth to this?

Dilbert
06-11-2004, 06:39 AM
You shouldn't raise our hopes like this /images/graemlins/mad.gif

wacki
06-11-2004, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You shouldn't raise our hopes like this /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn what did he do to you?

drewjustdrew
06-11-2004, 01:21 PM
Search for other posts on the site. Evidently he owned a poker site that went belly up and a lot of people lost their money. He promised to pay everyone back, but much like O.J. in search of the elusive killer, has yet to make come through with anything.

Ed Miller
06-11-2004, 01:29 PM
Any truth to this?

Dude, actually READ the post like three times. Then smack yourself for asking this question.

mike l.
06-11-2004, 01:32 PM
is he the guy who did that? russ? that's a shame. he's starting something new called rakefree.com. the idea is a really good one, it's basically paying monthly dues to play online at a site. reduces the rake by a lot.

ArchAngel71857
06-11-2004, 02:07 PM
much like O.J. in search of the elusive killer, has yet to make come through with anything.

What????? O.J. sees the killer everyday with the murder weapon when he looks in the mirror and shaves.

-AA

Sincere
06-11-2004, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
By: Nate_Dog

Dutch Boyd Dead

Just heard on the local news that a body washed up on the shores of
Malibu, CA this morning. It was reported that the body was poker star
Russ "Dutch" Boyd. The report went on to say that Boyd had been surfing
Wed. night with friends including poker pro Scott Fischman. Fischman was
quoted as saying, "they had just been hanging out on the beach around a
bon-fire enjoying the great weather and some tunes." Boyd then proceeded
to go "catch some waves" around 8:45pm on Weds. evening and that was the
last the crew saw of the controversial poker star.
Search crews and divers were brought in to search the area but found
nothing. Los Angeles county Sheriff Jim Wickman reported that the tides
were "extremely treacherous" and that it was very unsafe for Boyd to be in
the surf. Initial blood tests have shown traces of marijuana in Boyd's
body.

Did anyone else see this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt beleive it when I first heard about it this morning but this post sounds pretty real to me? I wonder if that is the same Nate Dogg that use to post on 2+2?

Ed Miller
06-11-2004, 02:13 PM
I didnt beleive it when I first heard about it this morning but this post sounds pretty real to me? I wonder if that is the same Nate Dogg that use to post on 2+2?

Ok, I'll bite. If Boyd was out with Fischman and friends, why did his body "wash up on shore"? People who die in accidents among friends do not get left out to sea for the night.

Syntax
06-11-2004, 02:52 PM
I don't believe the post, and I think someone pointed out that the sheriff quoted in the story is not the name of the actual LA county sheriff. A simple internet search would reveal if thats true or not, but Im fairly sure its all bogus, so Im not going to investigate.

However, I am curious as to what your point is ED?

[ QUOTE ]
People who die in accidents among friends do not get left out to sea for the night.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he was surfing and got dragged out and under by some rip current or something, at night especially, wouldn't it be possible for his body to difficult to find?

Ed Miller
06-11-2004, 03:09 PM
Fair enough, I take it back. I reread it, and it sounds more plausible now. Not sure why I thought it was so ridiculous the first time I read it.

B Dids
06-11-2004, 03:17 PM
Because it was a post about Dutch Boyd dying made on rgp. Details are unimportant, the concept is silly on face value.

If it had really happen, the Zoo would have 27 posts about it within 5 minutes.

pudley4
06-11-2004, 05:36 PM
And faking his own death is Boyd's way of snaking out again?

Stew
06-11-2004, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And faking his own death is Boyd's way of snaking out again?

[/ QUOTE ]

Snaking out again? From the comments Dutch has made previously, he doesn't feel that he snaked out on anything. He doesn't take any accountability or responsibility for what happened with PokerSpot and he doesn't feel HE owes the people that are owed money by PokerSpot anything. I think he has said if he ever did accumulate the money to pay those people off he would, but he doesn't feel he "owes" it to them.

The guy is a world class scumball, I wouldn't put something this slimey out of his league, but I don't think he feels he needs to "snake" out of anything.