PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't the Travel Channel

cassise
06-10-2004, 10:55 PM
Create more poker focused shows. To my knowledge the WPT is their strongest ratings draw, so wouldn't it make sence to build off of this and add other shows? For instance, I know I would gladly tune in to a weekly poker wrap-up show, or perhaps they could create a show where they interview a different pro every week.

Just a thought, would anybody else watch a show like this? Do you think it could get enough ratings to make it worth it?

Smasharoo
06-10-2004, 11:09 PM
I think it's more a question of where the rating come FROM. Celbrity Poker gets great ratings too.

I'd like to see a show where they follow a single pro through an entire tournament, but I doubt most people who watch WPT would.

Syntax
06-10-2004, 11:23 PM
It might get good ratings, but they are the "Travel Channel" and I dont think they want to become the Poker Channel.

bonanz
06-11-2004, 12:03 AM
thats funny, i could have swore that they were thinking of chanign their name to "The Las Vegas channel" (with a new show called "Teeth" hosted by clint holmes) because every F'in' week is vegas week it seems. either that or nicest hotels. ZZZzzZZzZZzZZZzZ

bonanz