PDA

View Full Version : POKERTRACKER

snowbank
06-10-2004, 03:56 PM
Just starting up with the trial version of pokertracker. How do you set up your "pop3" e-mail account to get poker tracker to directly take hand histories from your e-mail? Also, say I send 500 hand histories to my e-mail to import to pokertracker, how do I know when I should do 500 more because I don't want to overlap and send some hand histories into the pokertracker database twice. Any other advice would be helpful also. Thanks.

wayabvpar
06-10-2004, 04:04 PM
Poker Tracker FAQ (http://www.pokertracker.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5)

As far as duplicating hands, don't worry about it- each hand has a unique number, so PT will ignore it if it already has it stored.

snowbank
06-10-2004, 04:11 PM
What is the "pop3" if I am using a school e-mail account? How do I find this info, or do I have to create a new e-mail account somewhere else?

Spyder
06-10-2004, 04:45 PM
You have to get it from your e-mail administrator. You could also find it in your e-mail config, but, if you're not pretty PC/Windows literate, it could be a challenge.

Spyder

snowbank
06-10-2004, 06:58 PM
Would it be a good idea to just set another e-mail account up somewhere? I have heard they don't take yahoo or hotmail. Any ideas?

Richard Berg
06-10-2004, 10:19 PM
Well, what email DO you have? It's not hard to write a little script that will put Party Poker HH's into a text file for PT to read.

Blarg
06-11-2004, 12:31 AM
You can use Yahoo; I do. It's a bit of a pain, though. You have to copy your e-mail and then paste it into notepad or wordpad or some word processor, and save it as unformatted text. And you must set your Yahoo line length properly as instructed by the Pokertracker FAQ. And you must make sure that wordwrap is not on in notepad or whatever program you're using to do the saving.

Then I just clean up some of the headers and footers that Yahoo leaves in, and save again, and import.

Monty Cantsin
06-11-2004, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You can use Yahoo; I do. It's a bit of a pain, though. You have to copy your e-mail and then paste it into notepad or wordpad or some word processor, and save it as unformatted text. And you must set your Yahoo line length properly as instructed by the Pokertracker FAQ. And you must make sure that wordwrap is not on in notepad or whatever program you're using to do the saving.

Then I just clean up some of the headers and footers that Yahoo leaves in, and save again, and import.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your life is about to get a whole lot easier:

Go to the most recent hand history in Yahoo mail
In the browser controls choose file > save as
In the drop down menu choose save as file type > text file (*txt)
delete, repeat
PT will happily gobble those babies up.

/mc

sullydavid
06-11-2004, 10:26 AM
I used to use Hotmail. You still cannot use the pop3 e-mail function, however you can use the check e-mail function (basically just reads e-mail already downloaded as opposed to pulling it off the server) and avoid the problems listed above.

However, it will eat up your storage space fast so you do have to pull it fast to avoid filling the account up. That is why I moved it to a different address.