PDA

View Full Version : How many sngs do you play?

Toro
06-10-2004, 11:33 AM
I cannot seem to handle playing more than one sng/tourney at the same time. Whenever I try it I have very poor results. In fact I very rarely place so now avoid it.

My basic problem when playing multiples is that my level of concentration is subpar and the switching back and forth makes it difficult to get a read on the other players at the table since you miss so much of the action.

I'm curious if this is a prevalent problem or if it's just something I have difficulty with.

Jason Strasser
06-10-2004, 11:40 AM
Back in the day, I used to play 4 $10-$30 SNGS at once, because my strategy was very basic and very tight. I had good results. Now I tend to play 2 $100-$200 sngs at once, so I can try to read players and get a feel for the game. Sometimes I'll play one SNG and a ring game.

eastbay
06-10-2004, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I cannot seem to handle playing more than one sng/tourney at the same time. Whenever I try it I have very poor results. In fact I very rarely place so now avoid it.

My basic problem when playing multiples is that my level of concentration is subpar and the switching back and forth makes it difficult to get a read on the other players at the table since you miss so much of the action.

I'm curious if this is a prevalent problem or if it's just something I have difficulty with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play 2 minimum and don't find that to be too hard to keep up with. Keeping the games open and not overlapped on a comfortable monitor is essential.

During peak times I go to 3 games, as an ABC formula will still be profitable even if I can't pay attn to everything.

4 games is an ROI killer for me.

eastbay

Jason Strasser
06-10-2004, 11:54 AM
This has been said before, but you MUST stagger your games. It make them a lot easier. Bubble time and shorthanded moves fast, so having 4 games at that stage is tough. Spread them out like 15 minutes apart. Maybe that will make it easier for you.

AtlBrvs4Life
06-10-2004, 12:03 PM
I usually do one SNG and then 2 or 3 cash limit games.

AA suited
06-10-2004, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I usually do one SNG and then 2 or 3 cash limit games.

[/ QUOTE ]

same here...1 SnG and 2 $2/4 ring games. when i'm in the $, i quit one of the ring games. when it's down to the 2 of us, i quit the other ring game.

gergery
06-10-2004, 11:37 PM
Personally, I do one tourney and 1 ring game.

Once you get to 5-6 people and 100-200 or so in tourney, you need to by going all-in or stealing blinds and have to have figured out how they'll defend, if call, etc. One hand played wrong scraps 30 minutes of work.

Worse case in the ring game is usually just folding a decent hand.

I haven't worked my way up to 2 ring games yet /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Daliman
06-10-2004, 11:48 PM
4X 200+15 is the ONLY way to play.

Hiding
06-11-2004, 12:38 AM
I play one tourney and one ring, seems like one or the other can keep my attention and its easy to click the sit out button on the ring when it gets down to it on the tourney.

Chief911
06-11-2004, 10:08 AM
Two or three SNG's for me. Works out well.

Nick

tommy300
06-11-2004, 10:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Two or three SNG's for me. Works out well.

Nick

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I normally do as well...

Prickly Pete
06-11-2004, 11:38 AM
I echo the Daliman 4x200 method.

Sponger15SB
06-11-2004, 12:44 PM
i usually play 3 or 4 at a time, few days ago i went nuts and played 6 $6 turbos at stars. Finished 5th, 3rd, 3rd, 2nd, 1st, 1st in them.....hmmmm maybe I should play 6 at a time more often.

stupidsucker
06-11-2004, 03:13 PM
Reading these posts, it seems to me you have to find your own style with what is most comfortable and of course profitable for YOU personaly.

If you are having trouble with more then one, then I suggest playing only one ata time, perhaps try a ring game while you play one SnG , or perhaps try to stagger your SnGs by 20 minutes or so.

Hope this helps.

Toro
06-11-2004, 03:28 PM
I think for me the stagger will probably be OK. Last night I played both 2+2 sngs. One starts at 8:00 and the other 9:30 and they usually don't run into each other but last night we were only down to 4 when the 2nd one started.

Since we were down to the nitty-gritty on the first one I focused my concentration there. It was easy to do since I play pretty tight during the first level. When we got down to HU I noticed that my opponent, Heyrocker who coincidentally was at the same table for the 9:30 event was sitting out during our HU battle.

I kept playing and was able to build my stack modestly to about 1800 while he was getting blinded down. Long story short, won the first one and came third in the other with this being the only time that I've had decent results playing more than one.

Probably just a coincidence but the stagger makes sense.