PDA

View Full Version : An interesting Party Poker experiement

cassise
06-10-2004, 04:56 AM
I performed an interesting experiment on party poker this week.

I signed online at 8 PM ever day from last wednesday to this wednesday. I then registered at the 5/1 tables and clicked the "away option." An hour later i came back and repeated the process. I did this four times a day for 7 days. After 20 games, I finished in the money 19 times. My average place was 3.11. I ended up making 62 dollars.

This study is by no means scientific. In fact, I started off just wanting to post and leave once to see what would happen. When I finished in the money i decided to repeat the process untill i lost. On my third try I took second and decided to make the action into a "Study."

I'm not sure what the implications of this other than SUPER TIGHT play will lead to making money at party poker. Also, if anybody has performed a similar study I would be interested to hear about it.

How awsome would it be if this is accurate. that means people could play another site but leave party running in the background to earn money.

Hood
06-10-2004, 05:28 AM
That's pretty interesting.

My reaction would be that this isn't sustainable. However loose the players are, I would imagine once you get down to 4-5, players would cotton on to the fact that you haven't been around, and wait until you get blinded out.

I don't think this would be awesome if it was true. Soon everyone would work this out and SNGs would become very boring affairs.

BradleyT
06-10-2004, 05:35 AM
I bet I could beat a table of 9 people employing this strategy.

BradleyT
06-10-2004, 05:36 AM
$62 profit?

mackthefork
06-10-2004, 05:42 AM
I find this hard to believe, you would never make the money in any sng i was in playing like this.

Regards ML

mackthefork
06-10-2004, 05:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet I could beat a table of 9 people employing this strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen to that, lets hope it catches on. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif