PDA

View Full Version : Tracking play in varried games, levels and sites

L0QTiS
06-10-2004, 03:35 AM
After a long hiatus of tracking my play, I'm starting back up again. To make a long story short, I started playing online back when Planet started, then more regularly on Paradise shortly after it opened, and occasionally at B&M establishments. I played 2-4 through 5-10, was a winning player overall, but never really had the 'full' 300 big bet bankroll. Eventually normal fluctuations busted my short bankroll and I shifted to playing irregularly. All along, I’ve been a regular 2+2 reader, although I think I let my account here lapse once or twice and had to reregister.

Early last year I started playing more regularly (online) and though seeding a small starting bankroll, bonus whoring and winning play at the micro levels my bankroll can finally support play at the 2/4 level. At this point I feel it's fairly important that I keep better track of my play.

Right now, I play primarily Omaha h/l, however I still get in regular hours at Holdem as well as the occasional Stud/8 game and a variety of small tournaments. Right now I play a variety of sites at .5-1 to 1-2. At this point, I’d like to spend some time tracking my play at 1-2 before moving up.

That said, how should I approach breaking this down given the varied levels, sites and games I play? I can’t use pokertracker unfortunately due to the fact that it doesn’t support Omaha so I just use a spreadsheet to track hours, win/loss, BB/hr etc. I imagine it’s important to keep separate stats for each game, but does this also apply to each level? or each site? Separating tournaments is a given, but what about ring games?

For the player who dabbles in varied games, how do you best approach keeping statistics? One Excel sheet per game despite level?

L0QTiS
06-12-2004, 03:43 PM
bump...

opinions on tracking varried games? anyone?

nef
06-12-2004, 04:10 PM
I used an excel spreadsheet to track my play. One "tab" per game. I then break it down to big bets, and disregard the level of play. I use results to calculate bb/hr and std dev.

L0QTiS
06-12-2004, 04:12 PM
Can you post the excel formula used for Standard Deviation?

pudley4
06-12-2004, 05:57 PM
Look in the "function" option in excel, but it's something like =STD(A1:A4) (or whatever range you use)