PDA

View Full Version : Too much?

Ulysses
06-10-2004, 03:30 AM
My opponent here is a near-maniac. Too much or just about right?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: akshawnd is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP raises, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, akshawnd 3-bets, MP caps, CO calls, Button calls, akshawnd calls.

Flop: (16.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
akshawnd checks, MP bets, CO folds, Button calls, akshawnd calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
akshawnd checks, MP bets, Button folds, akshawnd raises, MP 3-bets, akshawnd calls.

River: (15.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
akshawnd checks, MP bets, akshawnd calls.

Final Pot: 17.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
akshawnd shows Qs Ac (one pair, aces).
MP shows 2s As (two pair, aces and twos).
Outcome: MP wins 17.75 BB. </font>

Vagos
06-10-2004, 03:47 AM
I think it's ok but that turn card is iffy. A lot of maniacs will play those weak aces aggro and he can easily have aces up or A4 for the wheel. My standard line would be to check-raise the flop and go from there.
-Andy

Ikke
06-10-2004, 04:25 AM
Your flop play was bad IMO. There are 16 SB in the pot preflop. The preflop capper is on your left. Bet that flop. Try to put 2-bet pressure on hands containing a 4 and 5, crappy pairs with one diamond etc. You might get them out. And bad aces will call anyway, because they even have the odds to draw to their sidecard for one bet. And if they fold be very glad they did (but they wont). The pot is really too big to fool around.

Your mindset seemed wrong on this hand. You took the maximizing approach. Which, with this big a pot, was IMO a no-no.

Regards

Ulysses
06-10-2004, 05:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The pot is really too big to fool around.

[/ QUOTE ]

'nuff said.