PDA

View Full Version : Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

10-15-2001, 08:37 AM

10-15-2001, 08:59 AM

10-15-2001, 05:38 PM
He obviously doesn't fear an ace in your hand, and you will probably have to pay 2.5 more big bets to see his ace. Run for the hills! /images/wink.gif

10-15-2001, 05:51 PM
Eek, why did I bet the turn? Much better to check the turn trying to induce a bluff or weak call on the river. He has to make 2 pair or better to beat me if he doesn't have me beat already with an ace, and may only have 2 outs with something like QQ-JJ.

Alright, so I bet the turn and got raised. Now I'm going to usually fold as I curse myself for betting, unless the turn put a draw out there, in which case I still probably fold but have to think about how often my opponent would check raise the draw first. I don't think you give up much by folding in this situation, even if the BB is bluffing, since you will more often hold an ace yourself in this spot (you raised to "steal" the blinds) than a middle pair.

10-15-2001, 06:31 PM
There is a breed of player that I would simply fold to, but this is the type of hand where I think it's best to vary your play. I myself might check/raise an ace high flop against a pre-flop raiser with TT, etc. I just try to avoid being predictable here.

10-15-2001, 08:10 PM
I think that Coilean hit it on the head(as usual) in both cases.

Mike