PDA

View Full Version : Iris Suspended

andyfox
06-09-2004, 08:07 PM
Those of you who know and love Commerce's Iris will be interested to hear she has been suspended for a month. Given what she gets away with that results in no action, one can only imagine what she might have done to have receive this penalty.

In other news, there's a player who apparently had won $130,000 in the 300-600 hold 'em game, playing 48 hours straight. But then he gave either all or most of it back. He was playing in the game today. Perhaps snakehead can fill us in with some juicy details.

Rick Nebiolo
06-10-2004, 12:02 AM
Just for posting this I put you in the top ten list of all time twoplustwo MVPs /images/graemlins/grin.gif

~ Rick

snakehead
06-10-2004, 12:26 AM
first, andy told me about another player who was suspended for a week, but then he showed up to play today. we'll have to wait and see how long iris is gone.

the big winner has a gambler's nickname (cincinatti). he had about $130,000 in chips in front of him at one time on monday, but he only had about $60,000 when he cashed out. he lost about $25,000 yesterday, and about $10,000 today. he also spends a lot of time playing in the back room, and I don't know what his results are from there. maybe jim rivett can enlighten us about that.

andyfox
06-10-2004, 01:52 AM
The player suspended for a week served his time. In fact, he found out about the suspension two days after the act that got him suspended, when he first returned to the card room and was not allowed "time served": the suspension started from when he returned to the card room, not when the act occurred.

I'm hoping for a three strikes and your out rule.

mike l.
06-10-2004, 04:40 AM
i was there monday evening and the guy had 12 racks at his high point and around 5 racks at one point i remember. they were at the next table over so we were constantly keeping an eye on him. the most interesting part of the story is that he bought into the game for only $5000--- half a rack.

what's this about a backroom? where is it? is that where the spread the 4 figure games or something? is that where you were hiding out monday night snakehead?? i came to play 80-160 with you and all i found was coilean and some red haired asian chicks.

Duke
06-10-2004, 05:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In other news, there's a player who apparently had won $130,000 in the 300-600 hold 'em game, playing 48 hours straight. But then he gave either all or most of it back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I even got a call about this guy in Vegas. Cincinatti. I don't know the lineup in the game other than JC Tran, and there was a must move to it. Must move 300-600. Nice.

Anyhow, i have one hand for this guy (Cincinatti).

So he's got A4. Flop 772. Opponent has 22 but he gets running 4's, after several bets on the flop and turn.

After hearing that, yes I believe I would have made a phone call and been on the list for the game within an hour.

But the question remains... why didn't -you- sit, Andy? Apparently you have the roll, and I'm SURE you could pull 200+ an hour out of that game just from that guy's presence. That's one of those games that I dream about at nights. I guess you'd rather take money from people who have to work (meaning play cards) for a living, eh? :-)

~D

Philuva
06-10-2004, 09:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i came to play 80-160 with you and all i found was coilean and some red haired asian chicks

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be Coilean and some floaters.

DcifrThs
06-10-2004, 10:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i came to play 80-160 with you and all i found was coilean and some red haired asian chicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

mike l., you have some quality game selection if you sat in that one, lol...unless of course clark was there and producing in fine form /images/graemlins/wink.gif

in anycase, this sounds like you maybe shoulda indulged yourself. and although i'm not out there the post was interesting anyways...

-Barron

andyfox
06-10-2004, 12:02 PM
Snakehead was in the game yesterday, so I assume the line-up was OK. I'm very comfortable playing 40-80. Poker's an enjoyable hobby for me.

Snakehead said it is impossible to put Cincinnati on a hand. He'll play pocket aces the same as 7-5o no pair on the river the same. So pretty big fluctuations for everyone in the game, not just him.

snakehead
06-10-2004, 01:38 PM
if you would rather look across the table at me than at the red-haired women, you have serious issues. these days, I usually only play the 80 holdem while waiting for my bread-and-butter game, which is spread at the next table over.

and for the record, I have never played in the back room.

turnipmonster
06-10-2004, 03:42 PM
how old are these asian chicks? are they all good players?

--turnipmonster

Paluka
06-10-2004, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how old are these asian chicks? are they all good players?

--turnipmonster

[/ QUOTE ]

They all look late twenties to me. Some are cute, some ain't. Some are ok players, some aren't so great. I haven't seen one that was truly excellent or terrible.

andyfox
06-11-2004, 12:54 AM
I hope snakehead will forgive me for telling this story, but you other forty- and fifty-somethings will enjoy it.

Snakehead told me today that, for the first time in his life, somebody called him an old f*ck. After losing a bunch of his chips to snakehead, the kid looked at him and said, "OK, that's it, I'm not giving you any more of my chips, you old f*ck."

Snakehead wanted to know if that's what he has to look forward to from now on, being the "old f*ck."

Well, seems to me if they're saying they're tired of giving their chips to you, it's OK. Because there are two alternatives: they can either be saying, "Yeah, remember old snakehead"; or "See ya, old man, hope you can come back tomorrow."

Duke
06-11-2004, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Snakehead said it is impossible to put Cincinnati on a hand. He'll play pocket aces the same as 7-5o no pair on the river the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't realize he was that "good." Unreadable opponents are dangerous. But, I don't see why you can't pull $300 an hour out of a guy like that long term, since you can basically control your action to make up for the inability to ever fold against him.

Seriously, it would be like playing online. I bet a guy like Astro would fare quite well long term against a lot of the guys like that.

~D

Duke
06-11-2004, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They all look late twenties to me. Some are cute, some ain't. Some are ok players, some aren't so great. I haven't seen one that was truly excellent or terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't they all floaters?

~D

mike l.
06-11-2004, 01:32 AM
""See ya, old man, hope you can come back tomorrow."

i find myself saying this just constantly down here. and really really meaning it. the old man is a rock cliche is just so not applicable anymore. old man 95%+ of the time=senile awful fish. i love it. it's giving me lots of practice at treating my elders with great careful respect lol.

astroglide
06-11-2004, 01:51 AM
while i think you meant that as a complement, i resent the idea that people consider my play to be automatic.

Duke
06-11-2004, 02:09 AM
I don't think it's automatic at all. I think you'd be far better at playing against a maniac than a live pro who makes their living off of tells and feel.

Heh - I'm not as good as you and -my- play isn't 'automatic,' aside from making extremely quick decisions, despite 1/4 mil hands this year online.

Sorry about the unintentional inference.

~D

astroglide
06-11-2004, 02:12 AM
i know you're not meaning this the wrong way, but i was a consistent, winning mid-limit live player long before i ended up in my present multi-tabling situation. i still think the earn that tells/feel alone yield is grossly exaggerated.

andyfox
06-11-2004, 11:49 AM
I'd put my money on Snakehead without a second thought about it. But in the short run, the guy worked $5,000 up to $136,000. He's given a substantial portion of it back. What the guy does is raise the stakes. If he's betting and raising at every opportunity when he's in a hand, you have to be prepared for much larger swings than would be the case were he not in the game.

mike l.
06-11-2004, 01:29 PM
"If he's betting and raising at every opportunity"

i wasnt in the game but i watched several hands at different points in the night and for that span of time he seemed to be more of the check-call variety and then he'd pounce the rare time he made his hand.

Abe
06-11-2004, 06:23 PM
Sorry I missed getting to the same table with Iris on my trip to LA last month. It was on my "things to see in LA" list. Oh well, I got to see the LaBrea tar pits, the Watts Towers and the expressway traffic.

Should we all start to call Snakehead an "old f*ck" now ?