PDA

View Full Version : Two very tough hands.....100+9 stars & party

TheArtist
06-09-2004, 04:25 PM
Here are 2 situation that is very new to me which I had problems with when they arised. How would you challege these hands?

100+9 at stars...
First hand of the tourney, blinds are 10/15 and I am dealt AA UTG. I decided to limp. Everyone folds to MP who raises it to 80, everyone folds back to me, and I decided to re-raise. I make it 200 more to go, thus about 585 in the pot.

Flop 985 rainbow

I bet the pot, MP quickly called. The pot is now 1755, and the turn is a 7.

Your action? I put MP on high pocket pair, and I push all in. I figured there is no way he call such a huge raise with pocket 66, but I don't have any read on him yet. The many high pocket pair he has that worried me is pocket 99, but he can easily have Kk to TT also.

Hand 2, 100+9 party poker.
Blinds are 25/50, I have T1200, holding KK in SB.

3 limpers, Cutoff makes it 200, I make it 500, everyone folds, and Cutoff took forever and called.

The pot is at 1225. I have T700 left. The flop is AJ8 rainbow

Your action?

TheArtist

Beavis68
06-09-2004, 06:10 PM
What terrible spots - not sure I can fully answer these. As I doubt I would play any of these this way.

Sit #1:
I usually just re-raise all-in anytime someone raises me with AA - if I had done it your way, I probably would have checked the flop, hoping to illicit a bet and move all-in.

Now, you can't have many chips left, I would just push and pray.

Sit #2
That raise to 500 doesn't really make sense to me, you aren't going to fold to a re-raise are you? So just go all-in.

On that flop, beavis' first rule of poker is that they always have an A. What reason did you not go all-in pre-flop? Afriad of an A? Trying to trap? Well, now you trapped with a weak chip position. You can't afford to make a stab at the pot, but can you afford to check-fold? Just barely.