PDA

View Full Version : Kings full is fun

Luke
06-09-2004, 11:28 AM
The table is loose with moderate aggression but nothing nutty. I don't know much about the button but he doesn't seem to be too crazy as I haven't seen him get out of line yet:

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Luke is CO with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls, Luke raises, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, MP calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, Luke bets, Button calls, MP calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, Luke bets, Button raises, MP calls, Luke calls.

River: (11.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, Luke bets, Button raises, MP folds, Luke 3-bets, Button calls.

Final Pot: 17.25 BB

The obvious question: How was the turn bet/call as oppose to bet/reraise?

And who goes for a river checkraise as opposed to the bet/3-bet line?

All comments welcome.

Luke

fyodor
06-09-2004, 01:08 PM
I don't think you can reraise the turn unless you don't believe he as the Q.

soda
06-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Well, I would never three bet the turn here. It's totally pointless with two opponents. The guy behind you has a queen. Not 100% perhaps, but very, very often. If the button was an aggressive bettor, I would check call this turn card.

Against a typical opponent, I would probably C/R the river. But, if I had some reason to believe he'd raise me, then betting into him is ok too. The C/R is my choice here because the J is highly unlikely to stop him from betting and the third player can then be trapped between you.

soda

PassiveCaller
06-09-2004, 02:32 PM
With 3 opponents 3-betting this turn seems pointless at best. I think bet/call is better then bet/reraise but check/call might be the best here. At this point you want to keep both hands in and don't want a reraise.

On the river I agree with soda, a c/r is desirable because you'll get both guys trapped in. However if you are sure he'll reraise then it's not so bad since you'll get to 3-bet.

Luke
06-10-2004, 09:09 AM
My opponent showed Q /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and of course my kings full were good.

I still having a little trouble gauging the level of aggression in these 6-max games. I've seen some really thin turn raises on cluttered boards like this but they do usually seem to occur headsup more often then in multiway pots. Bewteen that observation and my read of the button that he was not wild, I reasoned that there was a really good chance he held a queen when he raised into 2 of us.

On the river I think soda and PassiveCaller might be right and I could have trapped MP for a bet or 2 if I went for the checkraise.

Thanks for the responses.

Luke