PDA

View Full Version : weak laydown?

10-11-2001, 05:06 AM
UTG, a tight solid player who plays quite well preflop but is not agressive enough after the flop limps in. I Raise with AKd. lose player calls on the button and the blinds fold. Tight player knows I'm a tight aggressive player and I he rarely goes past the flop when i'm in the hand betting and when he does he ususally just calls. 3 players take the flop.

Flop: Ah 7h 3c

UTG checks, I bet, Loose player calls, UTG raises.

What's my best play? At point I'm not quite sure what to put him on but this is the first show of aggression i've seen from him against me (it's rare against anyone else too) and I'm guessing set or 7s or maybe A7s or A3s? 2 hearts is a posibility but I don't think he'd get that frisky with a draw.

anyway, I call and button calls.

Turn is the Qh.

UTG leads and I fold. I figure I don't want to pay 2 more BB's to see a showdown, i may be beat already, and a 4th heart is almost sure death. button folds as well and i never see the hand.

comments?

Rob

10-11-2001, 05:57 AM
There are arguments for a reraise on the flop, but once you don't, the fourth st. fold is easy since even AQ now beats you.

10-11-2001, 01:20 PM
You should 3 bet on the flop. It protects your hand against the button and let you define yours more. If he a sane player it will be hard for him to reraise here unless he has you beat.