PDA

View Full Version : I know he thinks he has me beat

chezlaw
06-09-2004, 08:40 AM
Paradise $10/$20 5 handed

CO in this hand is a treasure. Loose preflop, loose passive postflop and means business when he raises.

When he raises the river I know he thinks he has me beat, other than that he could have anything. I just called but was wondering about re-raising.

I'm in the BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif

FLOP: T/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet , CO calls

TURN 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet , CO calls

RIVER 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet , CO raises and I dithered for a bit and then called feeling a bit of a wuss. I figured him for: straight, flush, set or maybe 2 pairs. I can't fold if he caps it.

Surfbullet
06-09-2004, 09:25 AM
Historically I would have raised here without really thinking about it, but recently I've tried to tone down my LAG side... additionally for the last few days it seems like every 3-flush or paired board on the river beats me, so I'd call down with that altered mindset.

I agree you can't fold if he caps, because he could be overbetting his 2 pair or rivered set the same way he would bet a flush. I think against an unknown this is a raise but against your specified opponent (verrrry passive, a raise means he's got a hand) you can just call down.

Dan

EDIT: If he jams the river with middle 2 pair or some such he's not as passive as you had expected - he's just predictable.

stripsqueez
06-09-2004, 09:43 AM
the pre-flop would be good to know - if he limped i would raise 1010 - if he raised i might of 3 bet if he raises loose too

why second guess your own read ? - i know the sort of player you mean and its right to just call - looked at more scientifically he didnt raise the turn so unless he has the unlikely 77 or some crap 2 pair hand he has 5 hearts

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

chezlaw
06-09-2004, 10:34 AM
Sorry, didn't mean to leave out the pre-flop.

He limped and called my raise

stripsqueez
06-09-2004, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, didn't mean to leave out the pre-flop.

He limped and called my raise

[/ QUOTE ]

seems like more reason to just call

stripsqueez - chickenhawk