PDA

View Full Version : Critique a Newbie's 6max Session.

Oblivious
06-09-2004, 08:37 AM
Hi everyone. I played a quick short handed session tonight and had a few questions. Typically I play 1/2 full tables and rarely play KT or QT. Im wondering how often and in what situations should these hands be played SH. Please feel free to comment on anything else you see. Im going to start reading the SH forum more often as I increase my time at these tables. Thanks for any help.

Hand #1

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Oblivious is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP posts a blind of $1.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP (poster) checks, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Oblivious raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Oblivious bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls, CO folds.

Turn: (5.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Oblivious checks.

River: (5.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Oblivious folds.

Okay to fold the river here with K high?

Hand #2

Oblivious is UTG+1
Dealt to Oblivious [ Kd, Ts ]
UTG calls, Oblivious Folds.

Hand #3

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Oblivious is BB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Oblivious checks,

Flop: (5 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Oblivious checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, Oblivious folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (7 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 9 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9 BB, between Button and SB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Button (9 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows 5c 2d (two pair, aces and fives).
Button shows Jd Th (two pair, aces and tens).
Outcome: Button wins 9 BB. </font>

Im wondering if raising my blind then betting out on this flop is better than just taking a look for free.

Hand #4

Preflop: Oblivious is UTG with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">Oblivious folds</font>, MP calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Hand #5

Preflop: Oblivious is UTG+1 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Oblivious raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls,

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Oblivious bets</font>, CO calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Oblivious bets</font>, CO folds, BB calls.

Is it okay to bet this turn?

River: J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Oblivious bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.50 BB, between BB and Oblivious.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows 9c Tc (one pair, nines).
Oblivious shows Jc Js (three of a kind, jacks).
</font>

stripsqueez
06-09-2004, 09:36 AM
1 - bet the turn or call the river - your opponent had a random hand and called a flop bet, that hardly means he has much - in short its too soft to let this pot go on the river - i would bet the turn, fold to a raise, and hope to check behind on the river

pre-flop - 1 limper and 1 random hand on the button makes this a simple raise for me

2 - folding K10o UTG+1 is no crime - raise isnt too bad either

3 - i wanted to raise the flop bet as i was reading it or maybe bet out - i dont think fold is bad

4 - folding J10o UTG is auto

5 - your asking this question after seeing what he had ??

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

The Setup
06-09-2004, 09:46 AM
Im no expert at shorthand however here are my opinions

Hand 1: Not sure about the pre-flop raise with KTo I would usually just limp or fold here depending on my opponent. Maybe the more experienced posters could comment on this one. The rest seems fine to me and its an easy fold on the river IMO.

Hand 2: Routine fold

Hand 3: I would usually just check in the BB pre-flop and bet the flop as only an ace, 2 or higher pair beats you at this point and then bet the turn when the 5 shows. On the river I would usually check here and call a bet depending on my opponent.

Hand 4: Routine fold

Hand 5: Well played. You need to bet the turn and river if you dont improve as its an easy value bet IMO. Opponents are most likely to show you a 9, 4 or even a 2 than an ace here

Apocalypse
06-09-2004, 09:53 AM
hand #1:

bet again on turn, and check or fold behind on river. This guy can of course be very well on a draw as well, and with you dominating you're putting pressure on him. By checking behind on turn, you're inviting him to change rolls and put pressure on you by making a bluffbet to steal the pot. Now that has happenened its a sure fold since K-high most likely won't hold up.

hand 2:

for me this is a fold in a bad/regular session, and a raise when im feeling im having a pretty nice edge today.

hand 3

at least call to see the turn for implied odds if your six hits. Betting out or c'rsing this flop would've gotten more specific info i think. Since its such a loose-passive table it remains hard to figure out where you are at with twopair, so try to stir it somewhat on the flop where it's cheap and check if somebody 'wakes up'.

hand 4:

good fold. Although such a loose-passive table might invite you to call from this spot since you can 'expect' at least some callers here giving you nice odds for a draw.

hand 5:

you played it fine.