PDA

View Full Version : Like this line?

Ulysses
06-09-2004, 02:54 AM
This was v. 2+2er Vagos. Like it or no?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: akshawnd is BB with 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, Button raises, SB folds, akshawnd calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
akshawnd checks, Button bets, akshawnd calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
akshawnd bets, Button raises, akshawnd 3-bets, Button calls.

River: (9.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
akshawnd bets, Button folds.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
akshawnd shows 3s 3h (three of a kind, threes).
Outcome: akshawnd wins 10.25 BB. </font>

Vagos
06-09-2004, 03:09 AM
So that's what you had! Haha, it was well played but I must say it wasn't a naked bluff on the turn, I did have the nut flush draw. I thought maybe you would fold if I raised the turn but I ended up costing myself 40 more dollars to see the river. Uly has had my number these past few nights, but I've been running well so it's all good. I think you only played one other pot with me that session and you folded to my flop bet when I flopped top set /images/graemlins/frown.gif
-Andy

Ikke
06-09-2004, 03:44 AM
I really don't understand why those people keep raising you on the turn as bluffs and semi-bluffs. It's so clear you have at least something and ain't laying down.

I would also have check-raised the flop, but mixing it up is OK.

Regards

Ulysses
06-09-2004, 03:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I really don't understand why those people keep raising you on the turn as bluffs and semi-bluffs. It's so clear you have at least something and ain't laying down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to think I have good timing. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I would also have check-raised the flop, but mixing it up is OK.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is good to hear from you, Ikke. I posted a very similar hand recently where I checkraised the flop in this spot, a line I have been taking a lot in this sitation. For a number of reasons, I felt like this would be a decent spot to mix it up but anytime I mix things up I like to fire off a post here.

Ulysses
06-09-2004, 03:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Uly has had my number these past few nights

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, we've seen all of what, four rivers together maybe?

[ QUOTE ]
I think you only played one other pot with me that session and you folded to my flop bet when I flopped top set /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

YES! I was right. I completely remember that hand. I flopped bottom set but really thought you flopped top set and didn't want to give you action drawing to a 1-outer.

Ikke
06-09-2004, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like to think I have good timing.

[/ QUOTE ]

A 2+2'ers incapability not to semi-bluff makes your timing impeccable /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
but anytime I mix things up I like to fire off a post here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trying to create an image here are we? Don't begin to bluff those poor 2+2'ers now by betting into them on the turn.

Regards

Ulysses
06-09-2004, 04:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Trying to create an image here are we? Don't begin to bluff those poor 2+2'ers now by betting into them on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me? Bluff a 2+2er? I would never dream of such a thing.

As I've said before, they should all know by now. I always have it.

Peter_rus
06-09-2004, 05:03 AM
I think it's standart. Sometimes i mix up this line by check-raising flop.

Apocalypse
06-09-2004, 05:09 AM
what is so standard about check-calling the flop and betting out on the turn? This is your normal line?

Peter_rus
06-09-2004, 05:13 AM
Oops, i missing betting. I thought there was check-raise. But if i face player which usually check turn too if missed flop - i will often do that way.

1800GAMBLER
06-09-2004, 05:33 AM
I'd type, 'Glad to see you followed the script' then 3 bet. That should make 'em pay off on the river.

fyodor
06-09-2004, 10:10 AM
I think Vagos' raise on the turn with a draw is a mistake. That's putting in too much money on a hand you are usually going to miss with.