PDA

View Full Version : Todays random hand (K's)

Saborion
06-09-2004, 02:16 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB is one of those characters that can make wicked moves. Doesn't understand that he's beat/somehow maybe thinking he can put 2 players off their hands. From a previous hand:
I open-raise with AQo in EP, EMP 3-bet with JTs and our SB (then in LP) calls 3 cold with Q8s. Flop comes ATx, 2 diamonds. I bet, both call. Turn comes K of clubs. I bet, 3-bettor calls, LP (our SB) raise with his Q8 of diamonds.

I don't know anything about MP1, who I think is the bigger threat to me of the two naturally.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO folds, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (16 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 19 BB, between SB, MP1 and Hero.</font>

elindauer
06-09-2004, 04:03 AM
Hi,

This is a hard hand to read. MP1 seems to have really like the flop, but then becomes fearful of the blank turn. Given that he calls the river, a spade draw seems unlikely, but so does a set or two pair. AQ? That's an awfully agressive flop action. I'd put him on something like A3s or A2s making a crying call. There's certainly enough doubt that you should overcall him.

What about the SB? He looks very powerful here. He seems to want to avoid a free card on the turn, he probably fears a flush, and he either has a monster like a set and is looking to 3-bet, or has a strong hand but is afraid to be 3-bet. QJ comes to mind here.

Could he have AQ? It's possible. He coldcalls preflop, bets his top pair, becomes fearful of the freecard on the turn and bets again, and decides he has the best hand when the turn is just called and bets one more time. Maybe.

So, in conclussion, I think there is enough doubt that you should call the river. However, against this array of hands, I think you would have been better off raising the turn. In this case, you are going to check / call 1 if the river puts a 3-flush up or blanks off, and value bet again if the board pairs low or you catch a king. If the board pairs low and the SB bets again, raise again.

my 2 cents.
-eric

Joe Tall
06-09-2004, 07:43 AM
SB is the tricky-LAG and is likely to have anything here.
MP capped the flop and then called the turn as if he was jamming a flush draw. If MP does have 2-pair and is stumped my the SBs turn bet you still have 10 outs to improve.

The pot is sizable and given the likelyhood that you have the best hand, raise the turn and react from there.

Peace,
Joe Tall

jt1
06-09-2004, 09:10 AM
I'll tell you what I would have done, but this is new territory for me, so I very well could be off the mark.

I'm raising the turn and capping if re-raised. You pre-flop play allows you to represent a set of Queens. So I would have gone a head and done that and taken the free showdown if the board doesn't pair low. In my mind, either player could be going for a flush. In fact now that I just re-read your description of SB, I wouldn't ever pay him any mind. He's not tricky just stupid. Cap and never fold. I might consider a set by MP1 if he didn't just call the turn, but as it is, he probably has AQ, a pair of 10's, or AK /images/graemlins/spade.gif And that's my two cents.

BTW, I don't like that river. Now SB may have a straight.

Trix
06-09-2004, 09:15 AM
I raise the clown after MP slows down, his hand looks like a draw to me.

Saborion
06-10-2004, 09:00 AM
Apparently I should've raised the turn, MP1's play, only calling the turn, sure looks like a draw.

The SB had Qd Tc.
MP1 had Qc Jd and took it down.

Thanks for the replies.