PDA

View Full Version : Pistons Game 2

andyfox
06-09-2004, 12:05 AM
89-83 with 38 seconds to go and Shaq gets the rebound under the basket. They foul him and he makes a 3-point play.

89-86 with 10 seconds to go and Shaq gets the ball outside the 3 point line and they dont foul him and the Laker tie the game.

They deserve to lose.

Six_of_One
06-09-2004, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

They deserve to lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess they got what they deserved /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The Lakers seem to be leading a charmed life this season. Clearly some higher power (which one?) wants them to win /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

andyfox
06-09-2004, 01:12 AM
If you play smart, charms won't help. You have a six point lead and Shaq rebound the ball under the basket you let him score and take the ball and a four point lead. They still need two successful possessions to catch you.

And when you see Shaq in the game with them down by three with ten seconds and change to go you need to tell your players to foul him if he touches the ball.

Non_Comformist
06-09-2004, 01:14 AM
He looked pretty good in that offense

Non_Comformist
06-09-2004, 01:17 AM
He's been basically been a non-factor in the play offs. I really like him as a player,( went to OSU as well). Is he out of gas, bad match-ups or is he just being misused by Phil? He looks absolutely depressed sitting there on the bench.

Clarkmeister
06-09-2004, 01:24 AM
Larry Brown lost this game. You foul whoever has the ball with about 3-4 seconds to go before they (Kobe in this case) can shoot. Period. Under no circumstances do you let him, or anyone else take a 3 point shot. Let them go to the line for two shots, go home with your win. It is so simply and yet it is almost never done. Totally inexcusable.

andyfox
06-09-2004, 01:24 AM
He's made a complete ass of himself. His play has been terrible; he complains about each and every foul. He says the triangle doesn't suit him. I guess he's forgotten that the triangle has won nine Championships.

Compare this with Malone. The man has dedicated himself to fitting in, sacrificing a chance at becoming the all-time scoring leader to helping the team, concentrating on defense, doing a great job on the league's last two MVPs in the two previous series.

Non_Comformist
06-09-2004, 01:33 AM
I agree. It seems that luke walton demostrated tonight that type of role that is needed for everything to work just right. I haven't seen Payton set up another player, except for the occassional fast break opportunity.

I think Malone has really taken his reputation to another level. He has been talking all seson about working with the young guys Walton and Cook, and has in many ways been a coach on the floor. Tonight it paid off big time. He showed incredible heart tonight.

If the Lakers win, I would think this taints the championship for Payton in the eyes of many NBA followers.
Much as we don't really think of Mitch Richmond as a Champion. It's sad because at the beginning of the season I thought Payton played exceptionally well. If I remember correctly he didn't really play well last season after being traded either. As a Laker fan I would like to see him play more of a role coming off the bench when Kobe is out but right now his body language is that of someone with a very poor attitude.

andyfox
06-09-2004, 01:54 AM
I agree. But it should never even have come down to that. It's 89-83 when Shaq rebounded Kobe's missed 3-pointer with about 39 seconds to go. Let him dunk and it's 89-85 and you have the ball.

BTW, I thought Shaq was the worst free throw shooter in the world until I see Ben Wallace shooting them. They should foul him every time he touches the ball.

Six_of_One
06-09-2004, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you play smart, charms won't help.

[/ QUOTE ]

The charm is what made the Pistons play dumb, see? You can't fight it.

You're right though...absolutely horrible decision-making by the Pistons. It's the kind of thing that would have me banging my head against the wall if I wasn't a Laker fan.

jdl22
06-09-2004, 02:22 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
As a Laker fan

[/ QUOTE ]

Conformist

Six_of_One
06-09-2004, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As a Laker fan

[/ QUOTE ]

Conformist

[/ QUOTE ]

You have it backwards. Who roots for the Lakers? All I hear is how much everyone would love for them to lose. I don't know a single Laker fan who doesn't live in Los Angeles (if you're out there, speak up!)

Oski
06-09-2004, 02:36 AM
withdrawn post - question already answered in thread.

Non_Comformist
06-09-2004, 02:44 AM
I live in OR, started following the Lakers in the 80's when all my friends hated them (Blazer fans)

Ed Miller
06-09-2004, 02:47 AM
I agree. But it should never even have come down to that. It's 89-83 when Shaq rebounded Kobe's missed 3-pointer with about 39 seconds to go. Let him dunk and it's 89-85 and you have the ball.

That foul was TERRIBLE.

jdl22
06-09-2004, 03:05 AM
Hmm let's see what I've learned about you in this thread alone:

- You're from Oregon (that's good so am I, in 6 days I'll change my location to Eugene)
- You went to OSU (bbbbbbbooooooooooo, or should I say mmmmmmoooooooooooooooo)
- You like the Lakers
- You don't like Portland (ok to be fair they aren't really in a good PR place right now but during the late 80's? Come on that team was the nuts I think my parents still have a couple of those Blazer Dairy Queen glasses)

I think we're starting off on the wrong foot here.

GO DUCKS!!!

ps. where do you live? I'll be looking to get a very low stakes home game going in Eugene starting in a few weeks. I'll also probably be making a few trips down to 7 feathers or to Spirit Mountain (probably 7 feathers since my parents live in Sutherlin).

M2d
06-09-2004, 03:23 AM
here's one. born in hawaii, currently in bay area. grew up loving the lakers, dodgers and steelers. currently love the lakers, dodgers and steelers.

rtrombone
06-09-2004, 06:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Clearly some higher power (which one?) wants them to win

[/ QUOTE ]

He goes by many names:

higher power (http://www.tutorgig.com/encyclopedia/getdefn.jsp?keywords=devil)

I understand Phil Jackson's got a deal with him.

adios
06-09-2004, 11:23 AM
Wonder how this will affect the teams in game 3? Lakers seemed unfocused to me for most of the game. Fisher was so much better guarding Billups than Payton was IMO. Wallace does shoot terrible from the line but otherwise played a good game. I think the Lakers take game 3.