PDA

View Full Version : Help on hand in PPMillion guaranteed satellite?

JackOfSpeed
06-09-2004, 12:00 AM
Hi guys,

Dont know how to use the hand history convertor thingy around here, hopefully someone can help me out.

But here's the story:

4 left in 64/6$ qualifer to PP Million guaranteed. Two players with 3500-4500, I and another player below 1500.

Sedona Jones has been making small stabs at every pot, so I was not very worried about him. ADVERSARY had been somewhat tight preflop, but she had been raising a lot of draws (and calling a lot of raises on draws), thus enlarging her stack.

I loved my situation, with a kickerless top pair (on a low card flop) but a high open ended straight draw (turned out she had (and hit) the low end. So I check raised said player allin (although I was hoping to checkraise all-in after a lower bet than 250; ADVERSARY might have felt pot committed, believe it or not), after a token bet from wacko Sedona Jones.

What are your thoughts on the postflop play? I really felt comfortable about limping into a 4 way pot with any two connected or high cards, since there were two big stacks playing very loosely after the flop. Should I have bet allin right off the bat and taken it down there, or would the loosies suspect a bluff? I think ADVERSARY would have folded, she actually thought about it for about 25 seconds before calling.

***** Hand History for Game 660823178 *****
Table Million Dollar Qualifier #265594 (Real Money)
Seat 8 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 4: HoldemDan8 ( $1300 )
Seat 6: SedonaJones ( $4225 )
Seat 2: ME ( $1265 )
Seat 8: ADVERSARY ( $3210 )
Trny:4105154 Level:3
Blinds(25/50)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to ME [ 7c 6d ]
SedonaJones calls [50].
ADVERSARY calls [50].
ME calls [25].
HoldemDan8 checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 6c, 5d, 4s ]
ME checks.
HoldemDan8 checks.
SedonaJones bets [50].
ADVERSARY raises [250].
ME is all-In [250 + 965].
HoldemDan8 folds.
SedonaJones folds.
ADVERSARY calls [965].
** Dealing Turn ** [ Ah ]
** Dealing River ** [ 2h ]
ADVERSARY shows [ 3s, 6s ] a straight, two to six.
ME [ 7c, 6d ] a pair of sixes.
ME finished in fourth place.
ADVERSARY wins 2680 chips from the main pot with a straight, two to six.
ME: ouch
ME has left the table.
The Small Blind left the table. The Dealer button remains in place.