PDA

View Full Version : Chopping blinds at the "B"

Abe
06-08-2004, 10:15 PM
I'm in a very nice 8-16 game at the Bellagio on a holiday weekend. There are a couple new inexperienced players at the table. Why are they playing 8-16? Well, the list was only an hour or two wait instead of 3 or 4 hours for a 4-8 table.

I'm about to be the big blind and the person who was to be the small blind gets up from the table, but leaves his chips. The dealer announces; "Single Big Blind".

I put in my $8 and tell everyone; "Hey, lets chop". The new players don't get it. The first couple players fold and I say again; "Guys, lets have the blinds chop here".

One of the inexperienced new players fumbles and gets his $8 in the pot. He is the only caller and I check while saying; "I'm still willing to chop". This distracts him and his cards are unprotected way out in front of him - in the #5 seat. The dealer burns, flops, grabs his cards and mucks them.

I check, he checks. Dealer burns and turns. I check, he checks. Dealer burns and puts out the river. I now bet and the guy says; "Hey, where are my cards?" I ask; Now, wanna chop?"

Dealer says he can't chop the pot and pushes it all to me. New guy still wants to know what happened to his cards.

Yes----I gave him the $8 back.

cardcounter0
06-08-2004, 11:00 PM
I would ask the dealer if he ever got any tips. What was he doing dealing a turn card and river card, if you were the only guy in it with cards?

Did he rake the pot? Nothing like a dealer with smart ass attitude to run off the inexperienced fish for you.