PDA

View Full Version : Can I be notified when people respond to me posts?

bobbyi
06-08-2004, 07:36 PM
I'm not sure where questions and comments about the forums themselves are supposed to go. It's hard to imagine how Other Topics could be inappropriate though.

Is there any way to receive notification whenever someone replies to something I post? If I receive an answer to a question I ask, or if someone asks me a question about something I post, I would like to know. Searching manually through my recent posts and viewing each thread is a pretty tedious way to do this. I could add every thread to which I respond to my "favorite threads" and then ask for notification whenever any of my "favorite threads" get any responses, but that's not exactly what I want. It seems like there should be a way to do this. Is there?

jdl22
06-08-2004, 07:49 PM
While this forum isn't inapropriate by any means the zoo (Internet Gambling) is probably the best place for information on how to use the forums. Just don't say that online poker is rigged and they'll be gentle.

As for your question you can. Go to my home (I think that's what it's called mine is in Spanish at present so any names are approximate), scroll down to "Main options" (setup?), you should see three different fields the first has a small pic of a facial profile and says something like "personal information, email, signature, etc." the second has a monitor with something in front of it and says "visual preferences, message counts, colors..." the third is the one that interests us and has an envelope. It says something like "sign up/cancel to receive messages by email, notices, etc." Click edit to the right of this.

The first question is if you want to receive an email when you get private messages. The second is if you want replies to your favorite threads emailed to you. Click yes on this question. Then when you make a post make it one of your favorites and you will receive all responses.

bobbyi
06-08-2004, 08:46 PM
Thanks for your reply. I already addressed that workaround in my original query
[ QUOTE ]
I could add every thread to which I respond to my "favorite threads" and then ask for notification whenever any of my "favorite threads" get any responses, but that's not exactly what I want.

[/ QUOTE ]
The problem is that a big thread is going to get tons of responses that aren't directly to me. So I guess there's no way to do what I want here?

And I can't believe I wrote "me posts" in the subject line. How'd I miss that?

Ray Zee
06-08-2004, 11:52 PM
maybe you have a popeye fetish /images/graemlins/smile.gif