View Full Version : $5/$10 B&M with a kill

BradleyT
06-08-2004, 04:13 PM
This is a kill pot so it's $10/$20.

One young kid at the table has been tearing it up. Playing J4s, T5s, Q3s from any position for any amount PF and hitting. He sat down with $100 and he's over $1000 at this point. He's a total trashman and one of those players that make you say "man, wtf!". No hand selection criteria, no positional considerations, just getting cards that are hitting.

I get K/images/graemlins/club.gifQ/images/graemlins/spade.gif on the button (TM - trashman) is in the SB and there's one caller before me so I raise to $20. TM calls and the limper calls.

$70 pot.
Flop is Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ/images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/club.gif which matches my hand more than I could have asked for.

TM bets, limper calls, I raise, TM calls, limper folds.

$120 pot.
Turn is 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif
TM checks, I bet, he raises, I re-raise, he calls.

$240 pot.

River is 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
TM checks, I bet, he studies the board for 2 minutes and finally calls.

Final pot: $280

Anyone bet differently on any streets?

arkady
06-08-2004, 05:22 PM
u didnt say much regarding TM's post flop play? is he a LAG? maniac?

I see you had no desire to slow play it, is that because you knew TM would call you anyway? I like the river value bet, despite the scary board.

I guess he doesnt have a T, looks more like a J with a good kicker.

BradleyT
06-08-2004, 07:19 PM
He was a calling station that was hitting. I'd say he was in about 60% of pots if not more. He hit more flushes in 2 hours than I hit in a week. He had also shown down some junk like A4o from UTG, calling raises with weak aces.

He would raise on the river when his flushes hit when he was bet into, other than that he was a LAP calling station.

lil'
06-08-2004, 07:27 PM
Nice hand. He's not acting like a guy with a gutshot draw on the turn, so bet the river. Looks like he has something, but it's probably not as good as your hand.