PDA

View Full Version : another 15-30 full house hand

10-07-2001, 09:36 PM
this time it's 9 handed live game. im in the cutoff with QTspades and i open-raise. button, an pretty strong player cold calls, sb folds and BB a very loose, but only mildly aggressive player 3 bets. i call, button calls.

the flop is TTJ with two hearts. bb bets, i raise, button calls, bb calls.

the turn is Qh. bb checks, i bet, button calls, bb raises, i call, button folds.

the river is 5h. he bets, i call.

comments please.

10-07-2001, 10:27 PM
This one's slightly different. If he's not prone to be aggressive then QQ or JJ has to be considered when he check/raises the turn. Non-aggressive players don't make this play with AA,KK or AQ. They also don't 3-bet pre-flop from the blind with a ten in their hand. A mildly aggressive player might. You've gotta use your feel with this one.

10-08-2001, 02:07 AM
It looks like your opponent has either QQ,AK, or JJ. Its possible AA or KK if he doesn't give you a 10, but more likey the QQ,AK, or JJ. AK would seem more likely since there are more A and kings left than queens. Tough call i would have to be in the spot to make a better decision. I might raise one more time.

10-08-2001, 04:51 AM
I would have to go for one more raise on the turn. Many players wouldn't bet the flop if they had JJ, and there are only 2 queens out for him to have QQ. He might have gotten excited with AhAx or KhKx, or (more likely) made a straight with AK and a flush redraw. Of course he might have you dead with JJ QQ or AhKh, but you might as well put in one more raise and find out. Since he is very loose, he is unlikely to fold anything if you have him beat, which would be the main reason for just calling him down.

10-08-2001, 02:46 PM
i didnt reraise on the turn because i wanted the button to overcall there, she had already put a bet in and i thought she might have a T. as it turned out she folded anyways.

on the river, i figured if i was beat it would cost me 2 bets more while if i raised he would just call so i would only earn one more. i figured the chances he had QQ, JJ, or a royal were two high. i think, in retrospect, i was wrong and i shouldve raised on the river.

the bb had AhKx. he was not happy when i showed my full house.