PDA

View Full Version : How bad did I play this one??

lowroller
06-08-2004, 02:40 PM
Just sat down...no reads.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

River: (14.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 14.25 BB, between Hero, CO and Button.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Button (14.25 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Kh Ah (two pair, aces and kings).
CO shows 4s 4c (three of a kind, fours).
Button shows Jh Jd (three of a kind, jacks).
Outcome: Button wins 14.25 BB. </font>

sublime
06-08-2004, 03:57 PM
How bad did I play this one??

I think what you MEANT to type is how bad did button play this.

Your play is ok IMO, however leading out on the turn may be more benificial.

B Dids
06-08-2004, 04:10 PM
Why did you check the river?

Both the CO and the button should be on your buddy lists.

dfscott
06-08-2004, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why did you check the river?

Both the CO and the button should be on your buddy lists.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree -- unless you think someone's betting like that with AQ, I can't imagine not betting this river. Heck, even if I think they are, I'd bet it.

lowroller
06-08-2004, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
however leading out on the turn may be more benificial

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you mean Sublime?

I didn't WHAT to make of their play. On one hand you think "terrible play". However, I feel like they got more out of me than if they had played it more "ABC".

So was it actually bad play?!
Does that make sense?

SomethingClever
06-08-2004, 04:49 PM
I'd play it just like you did, except I'd bet the river. Who knows--maybe the button would have folded his set!

A friend of mine watched a guy muck a winning straight in a live tourney the other week because he didn't realize he had a straight. Maybe this guy is related...