PDA

View Full Version : Greg Interviewed on Squawk Box Today

adios
06-08-2004, 10:12 AM
Good interview. Didn't realize he gets all expenses paid to major poker tourneys around the world for the next year. I give the Squawk Box folks some credit for not asking Greg how much he bluffed. Greg gives us some warning next time you're going to be on TV please.

WDC
06-08-2004, 12:32 PM
What is Squawk Box?

adios
06-08-2004, 12:40 PM

theBruiser500
06-08-2004, 12:59 PM
Is this interview available online somewhere so I can watch it?

adios
06-08-2004, 01:15 PM
Not that I know of. You might poke around the CNBC site though.

Dan Mezick
06-08-2004, 01:50 PM
Very interesting that a TV show for traders would make the poker connection.

Poker & Trading: The Inner Game (http://www.primatepoker.com/online_poker_article001.asp) ...from the essay:

"Some of the most successful traders in the world assert that efforts undertaken to understand your inner psychology are more important than any other single factor in creating good trading results. It is probably the same situation in poker. This is because poker and trading are very similar from the viewpoint of the individual player or trader.

Poker as we all know is a zero-sum game, played against multiple players, where each player acts alone, making decisions based on incomplete information. Trading has these characteristics of poker. It is no accident that some of the most brilliant traders have correctly identified the strong connection between successful poker habits and successful trading habits.

For example, in the book Stock Market Wizards by Jack Schawager, trading genius Mark Minervini identifies the strong relationship between trading and poker:

Q. “What else helped you become a successful trader?”
A. “Playing poker. I think anyone who wants to be a successful trader should learn how to play poker.”

Another book from Schwager entitled Market Wizards contains quotes from many great traders about poker. These traders recognize that good poker players and good traders both share similar habits and ways of thinking.

PokerBabe(aka)
06-09-2004, 01:28 AM
Hi Dan, et.al.

Listen carefully. The market is heading down from here. The presence of a "poker player" (aka a "gambler") on CNBC coupled with the huge buyout of Mandalay group by MGM-Mirage has this Babe running for cover. Sell or short now.

LGPG and LGTG (look good trade good).

/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
B /images/graemlins/heart.gifbe