PDA

View Full Version : Beatable 10/20 concerns!

10-06-2001, 02:56 PM
A recent move has put me in between a couple differant card room, I have been in town 1 week today,, and played 4 sessions this last week,, Ive gave no info too other players that I am a new resident and to them Im just another vacationer,, I have played a total of 18 hrs this last week and have won all my sessions. My first session lasted a whole 2 hrs and a stacked up $550. and left with comments when racking my chips such as " looky there a tourist finnally wins and has contol to leave a winner" or "are you really ganna leave with our money"? with some of these players remarks , all of my sessions they have been at the tables ,, so Im ganna say there regulars here,, heres my ? should I keep this tourist image I have been labeled or let them know?..

suggestions please..

P.S. Here is a hand I played just for conversation.

In the cutoff with AKs all fold to me I raise 1 caller and Button calls both blinds also, 5 handed

Ac 9s 2d

SB check BB bets I raise all call

4s check to me I bet after me folds Button calls, sb folds BB check raises,, we all call,

Kh BB bets I raise Button folds BB raises I call!

10-06-2001, 03:33 PM
The next time you rack up a winner and they start with the needling, you can just teasingly say something like, "You guys have been so nice to me I'm thinking of moving here." Seriously, this isn't that big a deal since it's going to become obvious to these guys within a week or so that you are here to stay, so your tourist image is going to expire quite soon anyway.

As for the hand, the play seems straightforward enough to me. I'm not going to start laying down top pair best kicker for a check raise on the turn until I know the BB isn't likely to be messing around with a pair + flush draw or something when he makes these kind of moves on the turn. If I find out he's a frothing maniac I might start throwing in a reraise on the turn in this situation, or if he turns out to be a solid grinder I start religously folding one pair with no draw when he check raises the turn.

10-06-2001, 04:50 PM
One counter attack you could do is instead of raising the flop, you wait till the turn to raise with your top pair best kicker. I don't think they could 3 bet you unless they have a premium hand. Try to mix it up...

10-06-2001, 11:47 PM
You realize it's not a good sign when people are encouraging you NOT to leave the game...

For the record, I think you overplayed your hand on the river unless you knew this opponent. There's not too many good players I know of who aren't going to show you a better hand than top two after the way this river played out.

10-07-2001, 07:07 AM
You played it fine. The raise on the river I would be careful of becuase he could have a set. It depends on the player. The way the hand goes down he looks like he has A4 so I don't think it was necessarily a bad raise. After he raise again you should just call like you did. What did he have? I'm guessing set or A4.

10-07-2001, 10:21 AM
After thinking things over after the Bb showed me his hand I did over play my hand and rivered the winner Bb flopped top two,,with A9 ..

10-07-2001, 03:12 PM
You did not overplay your hand. You should play this hand aggresively. You just happened to run into a hand where someone got real lucky to flop 2 pair on you. He underplays, then overplays his hand. He should have 3 bet you on the flop and let out on the turn. Then on the river you pop him and he raises again? Bad play on his part to reraise the river. What are you gonna raise with on the river that doesn't now beat his hand. Not too much. It very much looks like you have AK. He should just call the river.