PDA

View Full Version : Quick 100 10+1 Tourney Summary

Girazze
06-08-2004, 03:00 AM
Well, I finished logging 100 10+1 tourneys into PokerTracker and my results kinda suck. I'm not losing money but I sure would like to make more.

1st Places = 2
2nd Places = 14
3rd Places = 23

I tend to limp into 3rd place a LOT with a short stack and pretty much get blinded out shortly after that. I'm very confident I can keep this pace (if you want to call it that) up in the long haul which would mean positive cash flow.....but not much at all. I do think it is a good baseline to start with and was wondering where I go from here. How do I find my leaks? Are there certain categories to look at on PokerTracker that will stand out and slap me in the face? Is it time to read ToP now?

All help and comments appreciated! Thanks!

mackthefork
06-08-2004, 04:43 AM
2,14,23 is 920 buy ins are 1100 loss 180

If you balance the distribution of 1st 2nd and 3rds you will increase this to 1300 which would be a profit of 200.

You are probably sacrificing quite a few 1st by playing for 3rd place I used to do this too. Be more aggressive at the right times in the bubble, and try to get handy earlier in the tourneys, like an early double through, then you can wait for a hand without anyone getting to far ahead.

Your aim should be to increase you ITM rate to 45% with equal distribution of placings this would give you an ROI of about 36%.

Regards ML