PDA

View Full Version : Another 2+2er hand

Ulysses
06-08-2004, 01:55 AM
A semi-regular in this hand. I'm glad they never believe me!

FWIW, he thought a long time on the river before calling.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: akshawnd is Button with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, CO calls, akshawnd raises, SB 3-bets, BB folds, CO calls, akshawnd calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB bets, CO folds, akshawnd calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB bets, akshawnd raises, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, akshawnd bets, SB calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Kc Ah (high card, ace).
akshawnd shows Js Kd (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: akshawnd wins 12 BB. </font>

1800GAMBLER
06-08-2004, 01:58 AM
I think the problem that 2+2ers have against you and i think you know it, is that they are all going too many levels of thinking right away. Playing your hand honestly is the best form of making it hard to read.

What percentage of the time would his AK actually be good to your turn raise?

Vagos
06-08-2004, 02:07 AM
I wish I could reply to Gamblor's response but I had trouble deciphering the first part of it. Anyways, I'll chalk this up to curiosity. I was surprised actually that you didn't raise the flop and continue betting the turn with just KJ. But don't say I never believe you cause I layed down top pair with a pretty good kicker when you check raised the button earlier in the session. I was BB, you were SB.
-Andy

stripsqueez
06-08-2004, 02:07 AM
i think i would more commonly choose raising the flop - i prefer having a slightly stronger hand to take this line

i guess thats because my hand is a bit vulnerable and raising the flop will often cost me less if he has a big pocket pair as seems possible

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Vagos
06-08-2004, 02:10 AM
I Agree. If anything, I should be the one saying he never believes me! To turn raise with just KJ in that spot seems like a dangerous play. But hey, nice hand you got the $40 out of me.
-Andy

1800GAMBLER
06-08-2004, 02:19 AM
I disagree. The range of likely hands Uly is leading against is huge. My only reason for raising the flop would be if i felt i'd lose 77 88 99 TT on the turn but they'd call down all the way if i raised the flop.

Ulysses
06-08-2004, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What percentage of the time would his AK actually be good to your turn raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a competent player and I'm raising him w/ two flush draws on the board after he 3-bet from a blind pre-flop. I don't expect him to lay down much. Hence, AK will rarely be good, especially when I fire again on the river.

Ulysses
06-08-2004, 02:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was surprised actually that you didn't raise the flop and continue betting the turn with just KJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I gotta mix things up against you guys. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
But don't say I never believe you cause I layed down top pair with a pretty good kicker when you check raised the button earlier in the session. I was BB, you were SB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember that hand. I don't remember what it was, but I remember checkraising the button and you taking forever to fold. I think I had a top-pairish hand. If you send me the hand history, I'll be happy to tell you what I had.

stripsqueez
06-08-2004, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I disagree. The range of likely hands Uly is leading against is huge. My only reason for raising the flop would be if i felt i'd lose 77 88 99 TT on the turn but they'd call down all the way if i raised the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm open to persuasion that i'm wrong but this isnt helping - now i'm thinking that if the SB has any pocket pair above 77 or AJ its best to raise the flop - other than AK or AQ what other hands make a decent pre-flop 3 bet ?

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Schneids
06-08-2004, 03:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was surprised actually that you didn't raise the flop and continue betting the turn with just KJ.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I gotta mix things up against you guys. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

But... It was nice getting used to knowing you only tango with me when you have "it."

NO MIXING UP OF THINGS!!! PLZ ABC POKERS?!?!?! /images/graemlins/confused.gif