PDA

View Full Version : when to get out

dfscott
06-08-2004, 01:04 AM
I'm still adjusting to this new limit and I'm all over the place with my play. I'm trying to tighten up pre-flop and be more agressive post-flop, but it's getting me into trouble. I know I needed to get away from this, but I'm not sure when I should've.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12.80 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, CO folds.

Turn: (7.90 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

River: (11.90 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.90 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 13.90 BB, between Hero and UTG.</font>

Fold to the turn raise?

cold_cash
06-08-2004, 01:09 AM
Looks like UTG wanted to go for some overcalls on the flop with his trip 5's. I think that's probably the "standard" thing most players like to do here.

It would be an easier fold if the turn had been an Ace of King, but I think you can fold to the turn raise unless you know something about UTG that I don't.

bakku
06-08-2004, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold to the turn raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do, unless UTG is some kind of maniac or habitual semi-bluffer

dfscott
06-08-2004, 08:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like UTG wanted to go for some overcalls on the flop with his trip 5's. I think that's probably the "standard" thing most players like to do here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a lot closer than I was -- I was expecting to see a jack. He turned over 77.