PDA

View Full Version : Wimpy?

B Dids
06-07-2004, 09:51 PM
I'm back playing after getting beat up a 1/2. Did well, but agression came a little harder. Is this hand played OK?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Dids is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Dids raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Dids checks, MP2 checks, CO checks.

Turn: (4 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Dids checks, MP2 checks, CO checks.

River: (4 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Dids bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 6 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Dids shows Ac Jc (high card, ace).
CO shows 9d Ad (high card, ace).
Outcome: Dids wins 6 BB. </font>

Chris Daddy Cool
06-07-2004, 10:03 PM
I would bet the flop. If I'm called by multiple opponents, then I'm checking the rest of the way unless I improve. Thats how I usually play these.

As you played it, the river bet was good.

B Dids
06-07-2004, 10:09 PM
Usually how I play it to... If I've raised preflop and it's checked to me or I'm first to act I'd bet almost all the time. I just didn't do the "get lots of callers then check thing". And the money I'd lost on the turn making those plays is what had me scared here (not that I planed on betting the turn, just that I've lost a lot of money being overagressive on flops that I miss).

Thanks.

Sundevils21
06-07-2004, 10:11 PM
I don't like raising out of position with AJoffsuit, unless I have only one or two opponents and am going to bet the flop(bluffing or not) regardless of the cards.
It's always nice to showdown high card ace to win the pot. Good for getting action later. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

B Dids
06-07-2004, 10:17 PM
1- they're suited.

2- even if they weren't I would have raised.

Sundevils21
06-07-2004, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1- they're suited.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, oops my bad.

AJ is a dominated hand, even with a bunch of limpers. Would you have raised with any two suited broadway cards?

B Dids
06-07-2004, 10:32 PM
No- but I'd raise AJ and AT from here. If somebody is going to limp with a hand that dominates AJ, I'll take that chance.