PDA

View Full Version : Been browsing - new site?

pokerfiend04
06-07-2004, 08:46 PM
Been browsing this forum and playing in big rooms. Just received this email: "From $5 to $50 - use coupon: mysteryfree. You don't have to risk a cent to play! Desert Poker... Live the Life, Play the Game." Sounds promising. Anyone familiar with this?

Dynasty
06-07-2004, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Been browsing this forum and playing in big rooms. Just received this email: "From $5 to $50 - use coupon: mysteryfree. You don't have to risk a cent to play! Desert Poker... Live the Life, Play the Game." Sounds promising. Anyone familiar with this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't trust this site or information. It seems very dubious to me and I reccomend everybody avoid it. Anytime a site has to resort to using underhanded methods to advertise their site, it makes me wonder about their financial solvency. I certainly won't waste my time, and certianly not my money, there.

benfranklin
06-07-2004, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anytime a site has to resort to using underhanded methods to advertise their site

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean like pretending to be a newbie, and pretending to have just received this e-mail /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

thirddan
06-07-2004, 10:05 PM
heh, a couple weeks ago they were advertising a 500 match bonus (100%), but i logged onto the site and there was only 1 person sitting (play money) and 6 other people logged in...not the best prospect for playing...

pokerfiend04
06-08-2004, 11:16 AM
I took the time to investigate this site. New. Not very busy, but I am willing to use their money. Spent several hours last night playing Texas Hold 'em. Enjoyable and I won. And I am going to overlook the personal accusation from benfranklin.

DOTTT
06-08-2004, 11:42 AM
LOL you shouldn’t