PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Qs that hit trip on turn, thinking just beat AA, turn raise?

RED_RAIN
06-07-2004, 08:23 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 raises, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero 3-bets, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 caps, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 bets, MP1 calls, Hero raises, UTG+1 3-bets, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 bets, Hero raises, UTG+1 calls.

River: (14.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 16.25 BB

My thinking is I was up against AA or KK after the flop play. Once I believe I moved way in the front with trip Qs on the turn, should I just have called his bet then raise on the river? I know he's a solid player.

Sundevils21
06-07-2004, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My thinking is I was up against AA or KK after the flop play. Once I believe I moved way in the front with trip Qs on the turn, should I just have called his bet then raise on the river? I know he's a solid player.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You will more than likely get the *exact* amount of bb's in the pot either way. Raising the turn gives him more time to come to the conclusion that he's beat. Maybe if he 3bets your raise you could consider calling.

lil'
06-07-2004, 10:40 PM
I raise the turn because if by some chance he doesn't have a big pair (say A-Ks for example), he'll call your raise now. He may not call a raise or bet on the river.

If he does have a big pair, it probably didn't make much difference.