PDA

View Full Version : Kings on the Button, how did i do?

JEM7VSBL
06-07-2004, 07:54 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: JEM is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">JEM raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">JEM bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">JEM 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, JEM calls, SB calls.

Turn: (12 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">JEM raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, JEM calls, SB calls.

River: (21 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, JEM calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 24 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP1 shows Jd Ad (full house, aces full of jacks).
JEM shows Kh Ks (full house, kings full of aces).
SB shows Jc Kc (two pair, aces and kings).
Outcome: MP1 wins 24 BB. </font>

i flopped the 2nd best hand and capped the flop. raised the turn, but slowed down after i got reraised...being that there was a jack and ten on the board, i figured one of them had aces full.

did i lose more bets than i should have, or did i slow down at the right time?

GoblinMason (Craig)
06-07-2004, 08:03 PM
You played it exactly how I would've which tends to be on the conservative side.

SofaCoach
06-07-2004, 08:22 PM
Technically, you flopped the 3rd best hand after AA and AK, but that's splitting hairs. Anyway, I would've capped the turn. They don't have AA becuase they didn't raise PF nor limp-reraise when given the opportuinty. I also doubt they have AK because the vast majority of players autoraise with big slick. If they turn over AJ, them's the breaks but I think Ax or JJ is much more likely.

Note: after capping the turn, if they still bet into me on the river, that's when I'd slow down and just call.

JEM7VSBL
06-07-2004, 08:46 PM
hmmm, yes, you're right, 3rd best hand, but given the preflop action, i would think i have best hand at that point. i was very scared of an Ax making their boat.

sublime
06-07-2004, 08:53 PM
I would have lost more money than you. With a 4-bet max on each round, do NOT slow down with a boat. More often than not you will be shown Axo crap in this situation.

SofaCoach
06-07-2004, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i was very scared of an Ax making their boat.

[/ QUOTE ]
Guru's please correct me if I'm giving bad advice, but this is EXACTLY why you would cap the turn. Your hand is already made, you want to charge Ax up the Wahzoo to try and make his. When they hit it hurts but you more than made up for it all the times that trip Aces pay you off.

JEM7VSBL
06-07-2004, 08:58 PM
yea, that's a good point, looking in the long run, i will win here a lot more than i'll lose...i guess the results made it look like i made the right play here, but if the other guy had shown trip aces with Ax, it would look like i was a fool who lost a helluva lot of potential bets...i'm pretty sure anyone with any ace would have raised every street like this guy did.