PDA

View Full Version : Most Realistic Computer Hold'em Game

Sven
06-07-2004, 06:15 PM
Can anyone tell me what is the most realistic computer simulator software is out there today? I want to be able to practice certain stratigies and techniques. When I'm not playing online or in a home game. Thanks for your help...

Mike

Does the software your recommending cover limit and no limit hold'em?

06-08-2004, 12:18 PM
Generally, from a programming standpoint, it is very difficult to program a no-limit software game. As you can imagine with all the nuances of bluffing, playing with different stack sizes, etc...

For limit games, the general consensus is that Wilson Software's Turbo Texas Hold'em is the best and apparently is the industry standard. I use this program myself and feel that it is pretty good.

However, there are some other ones that I am interested in. One of them is Poki - it's developed by academics at the University of Alberta and they claim that it uses a very high form of articial intelligence. There have been a couple of posts on it but there doesn't seem to be anyone out there who has actually used and critiqued it. I would be love to hear what Mason and Ed Miller think of Poki.

Here's their website:
http://poki-poker.com/

I've tried their demo but it was very hard to gauge based on a few hands...anyone out there with thoughts on this one?

Sven
06-08-2004, 06:24 PM
Or anyone elses comments on this also. THanks Mike

DOTTT
06-08-2004, 07:26 PM
Hi sven,
You can read my review as well as what others had to say about Poki here. (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=books&Number=454576&Forum= All_Forums&Words=poki&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=4 39407&Search=true&where=sub&Name=&daterange=1&newe rval=0&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=# Post454576)

Sven
06-08-2004, 08:42 PM
Thanks Again

RollaJ
06-09-2004, 10:04 AM
Just play PStars $.02-$.04 NL, those games seem to be a bit tighter than party 200 max tables

06-11-2004, 06:36 PM
I've read the reviews but has anyone actually bought the most recent version and played with it thoroughly enough to give it a review or at least a comparison with Turbo?

ZeeJustin
06-12-2004, 06:31 AM
Turbo Texas Holdem sucks. It gives very bad advice.