View Full Version : 99 vs 2+2er

Trix
06-07-2004, 05:34 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

StellarWind
06-07-2004, 05:55 PM
More information would help. Do you think CO knows who you are? Is UTG the sort of player that a 2+2er might target? What sort of player is BB? If he is a staunch defender than CO will be careful and so should you.

I fold preflop.

I refuse to play mind games with this flop. The risk of spending money and then being bet off the best hand is too high. I might bet but at the first sign of resistance I call him down.

Trix
06-07-2004, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you think CO knows who you are?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes he does.

[ QUOTE ]
Is UTG the sort of player that a 2+2er might target?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably, I would raise him with 77+,A9+,KJ+,QJ+,A7s+,K9s+,QTs+,T9s+.

[ QUOTE ]
What sort of player is BB?

[/ QUOTE ]
No read, probably not too loose then, as I would have noticed him more.

The 2+2er is 4-tabling btw. That makes him tighter preflop ?

sthief09
06-07-2004, 06:16 PM
The only way I 3-bet preflop is if you think there's a significant chance the 2+2er is isolating. I ABSOLUTELY 100% DO NOT fold in this spot. I'll call preflop, then check-raise if the flop comes out to my liking. QJx isn't to my liking, so I'd just check-fold. If he has a pair it's probably higher than yours, if he has high cards, he either hit them or his some kind of draw. Check-raising here isn't a good idea at all after you get capped. The only hand you're ahead of is AK and even that has 10 outs. Check-raising is just asking to get popped on the turn.