PDA

View Full Version : GO FLAMES GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OldLearner
06-07-2004, 05:26 PM
As hard as it is for a lifelong Oilers fan to do...

GO FLAMES GO!! GO FLAMES GO!! GO FLAMES GO!!

Flames vs Thashers tonite...game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals for all those for which ice is only used to chill your pina colada.

Sloats
06-07-2004, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Flames vs Thashers tonite...game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals for all those for which ice is only used to chill your pina colada.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but Thrashers was the second choice of that Carpet-bagging team in the finals. It's the dream child of Gary Buttman and tapping into the open Southern American market that brings on the other competator......

Gamblor
06-07-2004, 05:39 PM
Flames vs Thashers

???

tyfromm
06-07-2004, 05:54 PM
The Thrashers

What a terrible name!

Why not:

The Decapitators
The Mutilators
The Ravagers
The Wife Beaters

OldLearner
06-07-2004, 06:04 PM
Flames v Thrashers????

Silly me. Those American hockey teams all look alike.

Flames vs Lightning

Thx Gamblor.

Go FLAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gamblor
06-07-2004, 06:08 PM
How are things in the chuk?

Dynasty
06-07-2004, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flames v Thrashers????

Silly me. Those American hockey teams all look alike.

[/ QUOTE ]

And Flames is such a proud Canadian name. The great burning of Calgary must be taught in every Candadian school. Our American franchises just don't have the wisdom to name our teams after such meaningful historical events.

Gamblor
06-07-2004, 08:29 PM
And Flames is such a proud Canadian name. The great burning of Calgary must be taught in every Candadian school. Our American franchises just don't have the wisdom to name our teams after such meaningful historical events.

The Calgary Flames relocated in 1982 from Atlanta, where they were known as the Atlanta Flames.

HDPM
06-07-2004, 10:11 PM
ummmm, like that was the point of his post.

Sloats
06-07-2004, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but Thrashers was the second choice of that Carpet-bagging team in the finals. It's the dream child of Gary Buttman and tapping into the open Southern American market that brings on the other competator......

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, I give you guys a history lesson and you guys just ignore me....

Thrashers was the second choice for the Atlanta team when it was originally awarded a franchise and is why it is the moniker of the present day incarnation.

A carpetbagger is a disreputable business man from the "North" after the American Civil War who traveled into the South to make easy money during the reconstruction. See, it's funny because most of the NHL hockey teams went south of the Mason-Dixen line to make easy money and this franchise, well, it.......fine/

And well Bettman killed hockey and fans of my team call him buttman....

Well, I hope everyone is enjoying the last game for a while. :sadness:

Gamblor
06-08-2004, 09:11 AM
I don't think I got the joke.

"Whoosh"